Thread: NDI Tools versioning

NDI Tools versioning

When NDI Tools 4.5 was released earlier this year, I received the email with the announcement and promptly downloaded what was available. We've been using those downloads for some time now to distribute on Windows and macOS machines in our studios. I have had great success, and great failures with NDI Tools since then.

Just the other day (after a great failure) I went and downloaded them again, both Windows and macOS. The files that came down this time are of different sizes, which would lead me to believe that something has changed, possibly there have been some updates.

On Windows, if I drill down to the executable files after installation, it looks like the current version is 4.5.3.

I appreciate making these utilities available freely to the community but it would also be nice if minor updates were announced similarly to the way the major updates have and a changelog were made available for those updates. This kind of transparency would help this community greatly. I would also welcome a utility that alerted me to updates that gave me the option to download the latest version, but I would take the first option if I can get it.

https://forums.newtek.com/showthread...-downloadables

It's a real pain. A change log would be great too!

I was just on the phone with a co-worker doing a new TriCaster install. He downloaded the NDI Tools for Windows to install on one of the control room computers, called me to tell me some of the utilities had been renamed (Scan Converter->Screen Capture, Virtual Input->Webcam Input)

Looks like version 4.6 has dropped but only for Windows. The only reason we're aware is due to a chance download, the utilities are dated 11/20/20.