Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Friday / Cyber Monday Deals?

My first post.
    So I started sniffing around Newtek's site because I want to check out their Modeler software because I have a much older version of LW and I also downloaded a few others to compare to see how well Lightwave held up.
    With the license system Lightwave is a good deal all year long not just on Black Friday so if they fail to chisel anything off of their already reasonable price it would be more of their generosity I guess.
    The "Discovery" mode is pretty badly hobbled, I thought, but in the end with a little research you find that LW 2020 has a lot of tools and functions I thought were missing have actually been improved, especially not needing a dongle or an internet connection to run it if the understanding I have of the "License" is correct? I can plug in the license and use it. No yearly fee of about Seventeen hundred dollars, I can use just keep using LW 2020. That to me is a good selling point but Lightwave also has in my opinion the best, easiest tools to build with of any Modeler I've ever used free or paid for. So I'm going to shell out the cost as is and still consider it a great deal. That's how you butter 'em up, not with endless selfish demands. lol

Quote Originally Posted by jwiede View Post
    that would constitute "marketing", so obviously not.
    lol.

- - - Updated - - -

I do see World Creator is giving 30% off until 11-29.

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    Embergen is 30% off, but..
    Itīs for the indie version, and itīs annual prescription....so both those Butīs may not work for me.
    I want a reduced price for the full version, and perpetual licensing, if itīs possible that is....I think I would jump in on to that if itīs possible.
    To my understanding with JangaFX licensing:

It's a perpetual version, you can cancel the subscription immediately (which would be billed after 1 year).

(you can also pay monthly 12 times to get the perpetual license).

It's a rent to own model, similar to what Substance used to have. The payment of the full price is equal to renting for a year and provides an unlimited license immediately.

The subscription (in this case) is only to get further updates after 12 months.

Indie, well if you earn more then $1 Mio yearly with 3D then that might be a problem but in that case you should be able to pay for the Studio version.

https://jangafx.com/software/pricing...billing=yearly

I don't see a problem with their licensing.

And $199 for the bundle (with the BF discount) perpetually is very nicely priced in my opinion.
    Last edited by Marander; 11-26-2020 at 04:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gdkeast View Post
    lol.

- - - Updated - - -

I do see World Creator is giving 30% off until 11-29.
    Nice catch.
    I looked at this a couple of days ago and it was full price......
    The price is as shown also, no taxes.
    Mac Pro (2010) OSX 10.14 RX580 Pulse LW2020
    (plugins: LWCad 2020, TFD 1443, Syflex 2018, StarPro(2.3) 2020, ExrTrader 2020, Ubercam 2.0, Daz Mocap, DP Light 2020, Quadpanels 1.53)

Quote Originally Posted by dogor View Post
    My first post.
    So I started sniffing around Newtek's site because I want to check out their Modeler software because I have a much older version of LW and I also downloaded a few others to compare to see how well Lightwave held up.
    With the license system Lightwave is a good deal all year long not just on Black Friday so if they fail to chisel anything off of their already reasonable price it would be more of their generosity I guess.
    The "Discovery" mode is pretty badly hobbled, I thought, but in the end with a little research you find that LW 2020 has a lot of tools and functions I thought were missing have actually been improved, especially not needing a dongle or an internet connection to run it if the understanding I have of the "License" is correct? I can plug in the license and use it. No yearly fee of about Seventeen hundred dollars, I can use just keep using LW 2020. That to me is a good selling point but Lightwave also has in my opinion the best, easiest tools to build with of any Modeler I've ever used free or paid for. So I'm going to shell out the cost as is and still consider it a great deal. That's how you butter 'em up, not with endless selfish demands. lol
    Yep, if you haven't upgraded LW in forever, LW2020 is a good deal with it's great rendering, decent modeling and use it forever licensing. You should be able to get upgrade pricing.

- - - Updated - - -

I have money this year, but nothing of interest to spend it on.
    Tim Parsons

I noticed Blender 2.91 was released yesterday. They have a special Black Friday deal: free download!

;-P

...sorry, couldn't resist.

Anyway, Luminar 4, Aurora HDR, and PhotoLemur 3 with loads of luts and assets for ~$25 at Humble Bundle:

https://www.humblebundle.com/softwar...nar-4-software
    Win10 64 - i7 [email protected], p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb, Nvidia GTX 1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820. Screens: 2 x Samsung s27a850ds 2560x1440, HP 1920x1200 in portrait mode

there are some Blender addons that have rebates, but i feel those belong in a Blender forum thread.

and so far, Zero LightWave plugin rebates ?
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LW Facebook   IKBooster   My vidz

Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post
    Yeah and for todays standards what they can do, the ones available would be overpriced even with 50% off.

Good thing for me as plugin maniac, I don't even have to look anymore as I have all interesting ones available for LW, C4D and Blender. Many of them had good sales in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by dogor View Post
    especially not needing a dongle or an internet connection to run it if the understanding I have of the "License" is correct?
    Yes, you don't need an internet connection at all to run it or use it. It doesn't phone home to register or anything like that. You just need to place your license file in the correct directory and that's it.
    Threadripper 2990WX, X399 MSI MEG Creation, 64GB 2400Mhz RAM, GTX 1070 Ti 8GB

https://www.dynamicrenderings.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Rayek View Post

Anyway, Luminar 4, Aurora HDR, and PhotoLemur 3 with loads of luts and assets for ~$25 at Humble Bundle:

https://www.humblebundle.com/softwar...nar-4-software
    Got Aurora HDR a year ago, and Luminar during this year....must say its really a powerfull technology, but they
    somehow lock it away for more advanced usage

Aurora HDR is the only hdr generator I'm aware of wich does NOT export the hdr - only tonemapped images

Luminar does not export Masks for further editing. Wich is a shame, the sky replacement works well, and I really wish
    I could export a mask especially for pano editing......seems also a problem with ther new AI version: generating an AI depth map of a landscape
    would be great, but doesn't seem to give the data to the user.

Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post
    there are some Blender addons that have rebates, but i feel those belong in a Blender forum thread.

..well why not...

20% off with the coupon: blackfriday
    on all items in the shop

https://gumroad.com/splotchdog

I'll remove it sometimes next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Marander View Post
    To my understanding with JangaFX licensing:

It's a perpetual version, you can cancel the subscription immediately (which would be billed after 1 year).

(you can also pay monthly 12 times to get the perpetual license).

It's a rent to own model, similar to what Substance used to have. The payment of the full price is equal to renting for a year and provides an unlimited license immediately.

The subscription (in this case) is only to get further updates after 12 months.

Indie, well if you earn more then $1 Mio yearly with 3D then that might be a problem but in that case you should be able to pay for the Studio version.

https://jangafx.com/software/pricing...billing=yearly

I don't see a problem with their licensing.

And $199 for the bundle (with the BF discount) perpetually is very nicely priced in my opinion.

Thanks for that info Marander, I will have to do a more careful detailed research on that license soon.

And the big Question for all, will there be a Lightwave black friday sales campaign? I guess they need to hire a market team first ..then around next year perhaps?
    Just bundle neuron motion, chronosculpt, with Lightwave in a really cheap offer, they need to attract users to use it for whatever cost I think, stear up some buzz, and include some Goot third party deals.
    This is not the time to be silent, passive...every other sign says ...Action! And Forge while the iron is hot.

I did some stuff for 3D World using Lightwave, Houdini and Octane but yeah, shall we open some tickets and ask support for lightwave upgrade discounts?
    Last edited by inakito; 11-27-2020 at 09:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    Thanks for that info Marander, I will have to do a more careful detailed research on that license soon.
    Hey Prometheus, and did you get it now?

Embergen is massive fun and intuitive to use.

If you're not sure about the VectorRayGen, you can create vector forces that can be exported and dialed in with realtime feedback in Embergen. It's meant for Unity and UE4 but also useful in Embergen.

Therefore the bundle is great.

I think the JangaFX BF discount is ending today.

Quote Originally Posted by Marander View Post
    Hey Prometheus, and did you get it now?

Embergen is massive fun and intuitive to use.

If you're not sure about the VectorRayGen, you can create vector forces that can be exported and dialed in with realtime feedback in Embergen. It's meant for Unity and UE4 but also useful in Embergen.

Therefore the bundle is great.

I think the JangaFX BF discount is ending today.
    Ehm..may miss out on it, been busy with other things, not sure..wasnīt planning on getting it right now.

What was the original price in usd? and when reduced with the black friday coupon?
    Guess itīs too late now though.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast