Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Black Friday / Cyber Monday Deals?

strange to see Chronosculpt is still $400.
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LW Facebook   IKBooster   My vidz

Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post
    I got chronosculpt and nevronmotion for free when they did a "to make up for" when people felt cheated around 2015 versions and certain sales etc, and the core debacle.
    never really used them though.

might buy it down the road,

great for very specific VFX tasks (editing animated debris)

...but other things first. just bought Storm.

Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post
    NT/V are also still charging LW2020 upgraders from versions prior to LW2019 $595, more than what they're charging LW2019->LW2020 upgraders ($495). That means customers who upgrade from versions prior to LW2019 actually pay more to reach LW2020, yet don't have access to LW2019 as a "stable fallback" release (meaning they wind up in a less-sustainable situation overall).

IMO, anyone paying $595 to upgrade to LW2020 should also receive access to LW2019 releases as "stable fallback version". Likewise, new customers (being charged $995 for LW2020) also deserve to receive access to LW2019 releases.
    Last edited by jwiede; 11-29-2020 at 08:18 PM.
    John W.
    LW2015.3UB/2019.1.5 on MacPro(12C/24T/10.13.6),64GB RAM, NV 980ti

yep.

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    Ehm..may miss out on it, been busy with other things, not sure..wasnīt planning on getting it right now.

What was the original price in usd? and when reduced with the black friday coupon?
    Guess itīs too late now though.
    30% off $239 (or bundle $279), still available.

As you wished in the beginning "I want a reduced price for the full version, and perpetual licensing, if itīs possible that is..." - all there waiting for you
    Last edited by Marander; 11-30-2020 at 01:03 AM.

Anyone got something nice?

Quote Originally Posted by Marander View Post
    30% off $239 (or bundle $279), still available.

As you wished in the beginning "I want a reduced price for the full version, and perpetual licensing, if itīs possible that is..." - all there waiting for you
    I never make any rash or hasty decisions when it comes to purchasing something, it takes ages, for better and worse in some cases.
    Never jumped in to chronosculpt or nevron motion, that I got for free anyway later on, but that may have been an exceptional case.

I could perhaps loose out on a good deal, but deals will probably show up later as well another time, just need to keep track on the given price now, and the pricing at a later stage.
    Currently I do not have a real need for embergen, though I think it looks awesome and would play with it all day, it still isnīt motivated to get it until I have tried it properly..and especially not for a hobby user.

I got more urgent needs for other stuf, such a new laptop that have to come first, and probably a pretty expensive one as well, then I need to evaluate which software ..from houdini indie, embergen, storm, 3rd power tools, blender addons..and top of that, I want to get started with the 3d printing, and also digital keyboards etc..so a lot of stuff to invest in, I need to land in a place where I feel this is what I need as priority first, rather than get lured in to ..itīs cheap right now.

Maybe I was misleading in my intentions before, stating that if it werenīt for the licensing..I would probably have gotten it..that statement from me I think was a bit inaccurate.

For those who do Arch Viz or similar work there is a good sale this week at https://renderpeople.com/3d-people/?...eid=5260d2fc88
    Threadripper 2990WX, X399 MSI MEG Creation, 64GB 2400Mhz RAM, GTX 1070 Ti 8GB

https://www.dynamicrenderings.com/

Maybe I was misleading in my intentions before, stating that if it werenīt for the licensing..I would probably have gotten it..that statement from me I think was a bit inaccurate.
    No problem Prometheus, I just didn't want you to miss out.

Possibly another chance next year BF.

I'm the opposite of you in that regard, often an early adopter and many times I got something very well priced when first released or even still in beta.

For example I paid $5 for HardOps and BoxCutter combined long ago.

Tools that prove to be successful (like I think Embergen is and will be) often get more expensive with time or even go into full subscription. Or they are purchased by a larger company which is mostly not positive. And since Otoy has a partnership with JangaFX...

Vue xStream, Vray, Substance, Cinema 4D and others all went subscription-only, Marvelous Designer soon, Redshift possibly - I would regret alot if I didn't get those outstanding tools before.

Embergen, not a must-have tool but for sim lookdev, VDB creation, sprite / image export and just to play for fun it's awesome. It's perpetual, modern, easy to use, affordable - what's not to like!

Sorry, didn't want to push you into a purchase, up to you entirely, I just thought you'd like it - you were talking of it for so long.

Cheers
    Last edited by Marander; 11-30-2020 at 12:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marander View Post
    No problem Prometheus, I just didn't want you to miss out.

Possibly another chance next year BF.

I'm the opposite of you in that regard, often an early adopter and many times I got something very well priced when first released or even still in beta.

For example I paid $5 for HardOps and BoxCutter combined long ago.

Tools that prove to be successful (like I think Embergen is and will be) often get more expensive with time or even go into full subscription. Or they are purchased by a larger company which is mostly not positive. And since Otoy has a partnership with JangaFX... Otoy licensing...

Vue xStream, Vray, Substance, Cinema 4D and others all went subscription-only, Marvelous Designer soon, Redshift possibly - I would regret alot if I didn't get those outstanding tools before.

Embergen, not a must-have tool but for sim lookdev, VDB creation, sprite / image export and just for fun it's awesome.

Sorry, didn't want to push you into a purchase, up to you entirely, I just thought you'd like it - you were talking of it since long.

Cheers
    No worries, I didnīt feel the pressure for real
    Iīm sure there will be more good deals in 2021, and not necessary have to wait til nex black friday.
    Personally I have a lot to attend to in terms of applying for new jobs right now, and possibly start an education it support/helpdesk(22-30 weeks) ..maybe if I am eligable, the education wonīt cost me anything (state sponsored)
    but it will be a shift towards more other IT related stuff, will see..some jobs that I need to apply to as well so I got to gather some appliance material for that..so Iīm busy with that, one interesting job as a supervisor for other unemployed people that needs to learn the basics of photoshop, illustrator..wordpress and also simple 3D, that I think would fit me well.

I did actually set a scheme for trying out embergen for 14 days during christmas, when there are many days off, so called red days when no one is working, still have that in mind before I decide it is something for me, though priority now has changed a bit towards dealing with 2 graphics, inkscape, illustrator, photoshop, krita..and indesign or similar for publishing..and perhaps also more webstuff....and blender focus.

The only thing that attracts me right now in terms of Lightwave related stuff, that is 3rd powers metamesh, and some heavy bullet bones research and trials as well as bullet motors and dynamics..and perhaps some Lightwave and daz stuff with Ryan Roye in mind.

Personally I have a lot to attend to in terms of applying for new jobs right now, and possibly start an education...
    Yes I understand, that has higher priority than BF sales of course. Good luck with job hunting!

by the way,

does Turbulence load VDB files into LW11.6 ?
    anyone knows ?

haven't found the info yet...

i know it can export to VDB... but can Turbulence import VDB from another app.. ?

just bought EmberGen

lost the BlackFriday rebate 20% - BLACKFRIDAY  
    used the Beta rebate 15% - EARLYBIRD  

had to do it before it goes the way of the Subscription

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast