Thread: Add MP4 recording back to the Record tab

Add MP4 recording back to the Record tab

Yeah - I get that we're technically encoding and not recording when doing a MP4 recording, but for all intents and purposes, we are recording, and I'd like to have that separate from the stream. Sometimes I'll want to stream before I'm recording, and stop the record while I'm still streaming.

In the latest TriCaster software you can check/uncheck the connections in the streaming panel to start/stop them separately from each other. You can start up the stream, then check the recording option when you want that to start and uncheck when you want it to stop. Then stop the stream when complete finished.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

That involves multiple clicks to do a simple start and stop. I dont want to have to click on a tiny gear (and hopefully not accidentally hit the whole stream button to stop the stream) to then find one of many checkboxes. I also never need the full sized recordings - I never use ANYTHING besides the MP4.

The current implementation was a step toward independent control of the encoders. It's actually functional , but obscure. It could be macro-tized, of course. but I think something less convoluted could appear in due course.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Exactly! It's good, but annoying.

I don't disagree.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")