Thread: Picking up TC1 NDI output on NDI Studio Monitor (and in Teams)

Picking up TC1 NDI output on NDI Studio Monitor (and in Teams)

What information do I need to give Studio Monitor to pick up the NDI output from my TCI. Is that NDI always on by default, outputing the Program out?

Is there any software/plugin/native connection between the output of the Tricaster over NDI to Teams, so the Tricaster output can be a Teams source/participant?

NDI output on the TC1 is always active, you will see MIX 1 thru MIX 4 available from the system.

Install NDI Tools on the Teams system and this will install NDI Virtual Input, using this will let you feed NDI back into a meeting application. I have a video that shows this process available on NewTekU.

How to connect TriCaster with external VOIP/meeting room applications: https://newtek.learnupon.com/store/9...u-free-courses
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Kane, this was helpful to see this. However, it seemed like in the video you were sending program audio back down into the VOIP client- not using the Aux 3 mix minus audio. I'm spec'ing out a replacement TriCaster now for my 860. I was going to get a TC1, but now the Elite 2 is advertising this Teams integration. I use Teams quite a bit, but I can't find any "non-hype" information about how the thing actually works in real-world situations. I can use NDI to connect rooms together (for social distancing) inside my building, but if remote participants are joining via Teams, they won't be able to hear each other.

In that same NewTekU free course link is a video that shows how to use Live Call Connect on the TriCaster 2 Elite. No hype, but training for this part of the product. Watch that and let me know what other questions you have.

As for the return to the meeting software. You can send any video return you want, that is just a matter of setting the MIX output. It could Program or any other source in the TriCaster.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.