Thread: No System Audio!!!

No System Audio!!!

Hey guys im new to the dual pc setup i have StreamLabs OBS and im using NDI and i cant get my game audio over to the streaming PC and im not sure why can anyone help? i have system audio selected on scan converter but the obs software isnt picking up anything, when i select my Elgato mic under mic audio it comes up in the obs software tho and my video comes up so its literally JUST system audio not coming thru please feel free to respond here, or Direct message me Thanks!

bump

Do you get audio into NDI Studio Monitor?

You might check if there are newer audio drivers for your sound card. Or if your sound card has audio 'enhancer' software with it (like 'Nahimic') , you might try removing it, as these can get the in the way.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

ndi studio monitor? not sure what that is? ill check to see if audio drivers are updated but not sure how to check to see if it is enhanced?

so i tried studio monitor but there is no option to bring over the game sound, just options to select outputs for streaming pc

NDI Scan Converter does not send audio from Mac OS over the NDI stream. (Buddy called asking about, not sure what OS version he is on, but I am on Big Sur when I did my test).

Scan Converter on Windows allows selection of audio, why not so on the Mac OS version?

Home: Hackintosh i7 | 16GB Ram | 1080Ti | OS X 10.13.5/Windows 10
    Home: Mac Pro | 16-Core | 32GB Ram | 580x | OS X 10.15.7

I know there is another discussion on this board regarding this where Kane recommended some third party audio tools on macOS to accommodate this. I'm with you though, why was this not included in Scan Converter for macOS? I do use Loopback on my MacBook Pro and have used it to route audio.

It's not just Big Sur, I know the capability is also not there in Catalina.

Kane, Apple are the ones that code the audio drivers, there is no "get a new driver" scenario on MacOS or on stock Apple machines. I have used Mitti video playback software on the Mac which outputs NDI and audio works fine. This is either a bug in the Mac Scan Converter version or audio is simply not supported.

The original post on the thread was for a PC, where updated drivers are a possibility.

NDI Scan Converter on the Mac allows access to default audio input device on the Mac, not output.

You can use something like VB-Cable to create a virtual audio input and output on the system to create an audio loop-back for this purpose. I use this same software on PC for audio routing between application as well.
    https://vb-audio.com/Cable/
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Thank you Kane, I will pass that info along. Very familiar with VB Audio Cable. There is also a Mac only tool called iShowUAudioCapture, basically does the same thing, in fact you can run both at the same time. For other forum members on Mac, VB Audio Cable also sells versions with multiple routing paths as well, more of a virtual audio snake per say.