Thread: The DSK settings cog doesn't bring up an interface

The DSK settings cog doesn't bring up an interface

Pressing that little cog wheel doesn't bring up the positioning interface. It does nothing.

Here's the tutorial I'm trying to follow.
    https://youtu.be/QNdvFxbwlTY?t=122

Does anyone man the forums anymore? My posts get plenty of views and no responses.
    Last edited by Thanos2001; 10-29-2020 at 05:53 PM.

The frequency of visits by staff vary, but it would be unusual for no-one to pop in through the day.

Anyway, I've never seen behavior like this, sorry. On viewports in the multiviews you can double-click to open the config panels, too, if you don't have them set to switch on clicking - but this doesn't work for DSKs. You might want to see if it continues to misbehave in a new session.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Hi Steve. Glad to see you still around. It's been a bit since I've posted here.

The cog works on the other viewports. It's only the DSKs that fail to display anything . That goes for the main bus and any of the M/Es.
    I updated to 7-4-200918c .It's something that doesn't work properly when you hit Update Tricaster in the Administrator Mode. It seemed to update something, but it didn't get me the latest build like doing it manually did. I'm hoping that didn't mess with my install in any way. I'm running into problems where my sessions become corrupt and no longer recognize the NDI cameras I have plugged directly into the Tricaster. Loading a backup of the bad session works, but I've had 3 go bad in 2 days of testing.

I'm still at the starting stages, so factory resets are still on the table if it gets me a working unit. In fact, I think I'll get a jump on that tonight. Factory Reset followed by manual update of Tricaster 4K mini. I'll post the results for anyone else who might encounter issues with a new device.

I've submitted a tech support ticket, but they were gone by the time I noticed this behavior. I'll get on with them in the morning.

Good News! The factory reset restored the DSK settings panel! And the cameras loading in properly!
    The default build shipped is 7-3-200424C
    I'm going to try manually updating the software and see if it all still works.

Bad News!
    After 3 Factory reboots I feel confident the TriCaster Mini 4K 7-4-200818 version install is officially borked. At least it is with my system.

Here's what I've gleaned from my night of installs:

Spark Plus IO firmware update and registration requires Firefox or Chrome. IE does not work properly.
    Verification error. "Due to browser compatibility issues, please try to use chrome or firefox browser. Thanks for your cooperation.
    NewTek Support suggests installing Firefox on Tricaster.

Tricaster Mini 4K update requires Nvidia driver update be installed first. Failure to do so will cause an error.

SkypeTX requires Password be set. You can boot the system with a PIN if you add the password from control panel.
    NewTek Support suggests this video:
    https://support.newtek.com/hc/en-us/...?source=search

After trying multiple orders of operation I still ended up having trouble getting NDI cameras to reliably show up in sessions. I'd often need to resort to starting a new session just to get the cameras to appear in the list. Worse, in all cases the DSK gear wiget would not open a UI panel. I'm doing a final factory reset without upgrading until I can speak with the support team in the morning. Maybe this is just my special case, but I'd be surprised. It works just enough to let people think it's OK.

Support thinks I installed Advanced Edition 3 and not Tricaster Mini 4K update. I'm hopeful they are right. Report back soon.

That's been ruled out. Been on a support call for 3 hours. Doing another factory refresh and going to let them handle everything. Updates later.

Problem confirmed by tech. Waiting on supervisor and hopefully a x-ship to fix me up.

Huh-Freakin-Zah! Thank you support!

Something about missing .net framworks and settings not saving properly. Nothing more detailed than that to share. Beyond being aware of the poe 60w budget. Not clear on if that was a factor in my case.