Thread: NDI fails to install on Win 10 Pro

NDI fails to install on Win 10 Pro

I am a complete newcomer to NDI and want to use it on a laptop running Win 10 Pro but it won't install. It hangs at the 'Update .NET framework' step. Task manager shows no CPU activity and static memeory usage. The cancel button does not respond, so I have to end the task. I have tried with virus checker (Kaspersky) switched off, again no success.

I have installed successfully on two Win 10 Home machines, so it seems to be version specific. All windows updates have been applied to all machines. The only other obvious difference is that the Pro machine has significantly more apps installed and running at startup.

Any suggestions welcome, though I'd prefer toavoid uninstalling loads of apps and reinstalling them!

Windows Pro is what we typically want people to be using for live production, not the Home version (even though it will also work in many cases).

Is this is older version of Windows 10 (there have been many sub-versions of 10)? Is the system connected to a domain? If so, you need to speak with your domain administrators, as they might have policies in place. I'd also check if there is any 3rd party anti-virus software suites installed and temporary disable them to see if that makes any difference.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Thanks for reply.

It is Windows Pro where I am getting the failure - Build 1903. I am still waiting for Build 2004 to become available to me.

It is not connected to a domain. I have Kaspersky Internet Security installed and have tried disabling virus checking. I will try disabling it completely and report back.