Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Create Preview - Additional codecs?

  1. #1
    Pär Mostad Meshbuilder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Gavle Sweden
    Posts
    311

    Create Preview - Additional codecs?

    Hi,

    Do anyone have some tips how to get additional codec option for creating previews in LightWave 2020 on Windows 10 64-bit?
    Need some video format that can be open and edited.

    I'm used to work in LightWave on macOS and there I'm able to create previews in QuickTime-format with H.264, H.265 and Prores codecs.

  2. #2
    I use H.264 on a PC, but I think I had to download and install QuickTime to use it.

  3. #3
    Pär Mostad Meshbuilder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Gavle Sweden
    Posts
    311
    Quote Originally Posted by tony6 View Post
    I use H.264 on a PC, but I think I had to download and install QuickTime to use it.
    I didn't think that QuickTime still worked in Windows 10 64-bit, but it did. Thanks!

  4. #4
    Super Member vncnt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Amsterdam
    Posts
    1,779
    Ut Video Codec Suite 22.2.0 Windows and Ut Video Codec Suite 19.1.0 Mac in here: https://www.videohelp.com/software/Ut-Video-Codec-Suite

    https://forums.newtek.com/showthread...71#post1603371

    Both Lossless (3:1) and temporal compression.

  5. #5
    Pär Mostad Meshbuilder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Gavle Sweden
    Posts
    311
    thanks for the tip

    Quote Originally Posted by vncnt View Post
    Ut Video Codec Suite 22.2.0 Windows and Ut Video Codec Suite 19.1.0 Mac in here: https://www.videohelp.com/software/Ut-Video-Codec-Suite

    https://forums.newtek.com/showthread...71#post1603371

    Both Lossless (3:1) and temporal compression.

  6. #6
    Founding member raymondtrace's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,290
    Quote Originally Posted by Meshbuilder View Post
    I didn't think that QuickTime still worked in Windows 10 64-bit, but it did. Thanks!
    It works for you and it works for hackers, which is why it is not recommended. It does not receive security updates anymore.
    LW4, 7.5D, 2015, 2018, 2019, 2020 running portably on a USB drive.
    Active LW Development in 2020: DB&W | Deep FX | DPont | LWCAD | TrueArt | ...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •