Thread: ONVIF PTZ Control?

ONVIF PTZ Control?

Hi all!

I've got a few Amcrest cameras around that I was hoping to use for support angles in a show. Since the quality of these angles isn't what I'm after with them, they work very well without breaking the bank.

I'm wondering if anyone here (or on staff) knows if there's a trick to getting their ONVIF setup configured properly, though. Being able to give PTZ control of these cameras to fill-in directors would be huge, since they don't need to use a specific app.

I've tried using the other camera protocols in the Tricaster app, but haven't had any luck. Again, getting the video stream works fine (generic streaming RTSP url input), but I can't seem to get PTZ figured out for the life of me, and I'm hoping someone here has an idea or two

TriCaster support VISCA and PELCO PTZ protocols, these are the most common for broadcast devices. Pretty much every PTZ selection in the drop down is based on one of these two protocols.

ONVIF is different (typically found in security devices) and not supported by any of the PTZ selections in the TriCaster.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

That makes a lot of sense. I wasn't sure if the PTZOptics protocol used VISCA or ONVIF, considering they support both. Thanks, Kane!