Thread: No NDI on same machine - Troubleshooting tips?

No NDI on same machine - Troubleshooting tips?

I have a master image that I've built that works (Server2019) and is running in APAC and AMER. It's deployed within Google Cloud. I've built a new machine in London and deployed the same image as before. Now, I can't get any NDI signal at all...not even locally from the test pattern generator on the same machine and it's driving me mad!

For some reason, deploying this image in a different data center has had a few settings change in the image. It had turned back to Public rather than Private network. I've checked DNS, Function, SSDP and UPnP etc. All good. I'm using the Discovery Service and have checked the firewall, but that's not really going to affect things, as this issue is local to the machine and image (ping works etc).

I did notice that in Device Manager, there were 'Hidden Devices', so where i'd built the image in 1 datacenter, deploying it in another had detected a new NIC. This meant that i'd connected via Network 2 or Network 3, rather than just Network. Fixed all that by removing hidden devices in Device Manager. I'm running out of ideas here?! What else can i trouble shoot to try getting NDI working locally. Test Pattern Generator to Studio Monitor doesn't work at all. I've already tried reinstalling NDI tools with no luck. OBS can't see the NDI signal either.
    Last edited by simond83; 10-27-2020 at 12:51 AM.

So, the image is solid. It's something to do with the deployment in the EMEA region. Different virtual NIC's i'm guessing. Network 2. Network 3. That changes, but everything else seems to be fine. I've done an uninstall of NDI Tools - reboot - reinstall of NDI Tools (v4.5 as before) -reboot, but still no NDI on the same machine from test pattern to studio monitor. What could be blocking this? Is there another service i need to check to enable or disable. I did see in studio monitor the internal IP of the machine appended with :81, randomly at one point. What else network wise locally can affect the NDI signal not passing from software to software?