Thread: Layout Panning Z-up or down In Perspective Mode

Layout Panning Z-up or down In Perspective Mode

Hello! As title describes-- unexpected panning happening in perspective mode in layout.
    desired outcome is panning "up" from the perspective viewport, like height on the scene
    easy to pan in the orthogonal views Z-up / z-down without issue, can also navigate that way in modeler
    trying to "move" perspective viewport up or down just moves forward like you're walking

i mean im sure its just a setting somewhere to re-enable just not sure where it lives!

my attachments were rejected i guess here is a vid of what i mean (unlisted) --> https://youtu.be/EWYn-k_vveA
    Last edited by Tayra; 10-25-2020 at 02:38 PM.

Perspective uses the last place or item it was focused on as it's Center of Rotation. While in Perspective view, select your item, Camera, whatever then click the little GunSight icon in the upper right. That'll recenter Perspectives focus point & you should be able to pan/tilt predictably.
    Earth can't be flat otherwise cats would have pushed everything off the edge!

The Big Apexx System:
    AMD RYZEN THREADRIPPER 2990WX Processor (3.00GHz)
    64GB
    2x NVIDIA Quadro RTX 4000 8GB 32 Core

Hey Ma3rk! Thanks for the reply. That is super useful for centering the orbit and i'll remember that for later
    the panning issue persists unfortunately-- the Alt Shift LMB still doesn't pan upward it still just "walks forward" instead of moving the perspective camera actually upward / higher off the ground

EDIT!

Ah. I needed to press Alt + Shift + RMB to get the result i was after.
    Solved !
    Last edited by Tayra; 10-25-2020 at 04:26 PM. Reason: solution found!

Actually, you just helped me. I've always wondered how to do that & never thought of multiple combo keys.
    Earth can't be flat otherwise cats would have pushed everything off the edge!

The Big Apexx System:
    AMD RYZEN THREADRIPPER 2990WX Processor (3.00GHz)
    64GB
    2x NVIDIA Quadro RTX 4000 8GB 32 Core

Well yes, perspective to camera, itīs good...I often use perspective and then match vieport perspective, then add a null named camera target, then go to your camera and hit "m" for motion properties and go to target item and select your camera target null.
    moving the camera will then always be directed towards that camera target, and select the camera target if you want to change camera target focus point and move that around.

But you knew all that I guess.

Thereīs even a camera script some kind soul wrote for me some time ago, canīt find that script now though, may be somewhere on the harddrives..but it ads a camera with a requester to add a camera target directly, not sure it would work in 2019 lw versions either.