Thread: good source for tutorials and buying lw plugins

good source for tutorials and buying lw plugins

Don't know if you guys know about this website but its got a ton of tutorials made by industry professionals sharing their expertise!!

its also got plugin deals

and discounts.

Even if you need to get lw 2020 i think you can get the best price here.

there are some brand new tutorials out right now as well.
    The ones for Curse of the Phantom shadow are particularly good.

the halloween sale is quite generous too. 35% off.
    https://www.liberty3d.com/2020/10/35...zzGajAugUZlWO4

check em out.

At some point i'll even get some tutorials on fusion and lightwave on there myself.
    if you want to make a tutorial and sell it through the website - could get you some extra cash instead of just putting it on youtube for free.

Thanks meow!
    DJ Lithium | KAT! =^..^=

Black Tiger Recordings
    http://www.blacktigerrecordings.com
    Founder and Citizen of Liberty3d.com
    www.liberty3d.com

As someone who has bought many tutorials from Liberty 3D, I highly recommend them.

Kat: on another note, are there any plans to update Ubercam to ver3.0 for all cameras, last time I looked it was only one camera updated.
    Mac Pro (2010) OSX 10.14 RX580 Pulse LW2020 CSculpt NMotion
    (plugins: LWCad 2020, TFD 1443, Syflex 2018, StarPro 2020, ExrTrader 2020, Ubercam 2.0, Daz Mocap, DP Light 2020, Quadpanels 1.5)

Quote Originally Posted by Markc View Post
    Kat: on another note, are there any plans to update Ubercam to ver3.0 for all cameras, last time I looked it was only one camera updated.
    Yeah, I'm interested in this as well! The UberCam cameras I care about were supposed to be coming later, but it seems like development has somewhat stalled. Any timeframe for the next batch?
    John W.
    LW2015.3UB/2019.1.5 on MacPro(12C/24T/10.13.6),64GB RAM, NV 980ti

Quote Originally Posted by jwiede View Post
    Yeah, I'm interested in this as well! The UberCam cameras I care about were supposed to be coming later, but it seems like development has somewhat stalled. Any timeframe for the next batch?
    I'm working on having UberCam 3 update. I've had to move the development back to the original developer but they just started at AMD. The source that I got from the developer who kinda half assed it, also seems to be rather incomplete so we may have to start from scratch working from the 2.x code base and pull up from there to 3.x. My hope is that UberCam will eventually be fully integrated into LightWave3D with more than just cameras so to speak but with an updated "Reallens" system for modern production use..
    DJ Lithium | KAT! =^..^=

Black Tiger Recordings
    http://www.blacktigerrecordings.com
    Founder and Citizen of Liberty3d.com
    www.liberty3d.com

Quote Originally Posted by jwiede View Post
    Please send your message again to me, I just cleaned the mailbox up a bit.
    Sorry for that.

Thanks for the clarification about UberCam 3. Waiting for that too.
    BTW, is there any chance to see Weighter 2 come back eventually ?
    www.oliviermichon.fr | 3D Animation, Motion Graphics and Broadcast Design.

Quote Originally Posted by omichon View Post
    BTW, is there any chance to see Weighter 2 come back eventually ?
    Some of the links on Liberty3D go to a completely different page, but Weighter 2 appears still to be there. Don't forget the 35% discount till 7th Nov. My test:-

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture Weighter 2.JPG 
Views:	15 
Size:	80.5 KB 
ID:	148944

Quote Originally Posted by TheLexx View Post
    Some of the links on Liberty3D go to a completely different page, but Weighter 2 appears still to be there. Don't forget the 35% discount till 7th Nov. My test:-

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture Weighter 2.JPG 
Views:	15 
Size:	80.5 KB 
ID:	148944
    From my experience, it stopped working with 2015 or later. Based on you screen capture, it doesn't seem to have been updated lately.
    www.oliviermichon.fr | 3D Animation, Motion Graphics and Broadcast Design.

Quote Originally Posted by omichon View Post
    From my experience, it stopped working with 2015 or later. Based on you screen capture, it doesn't seem to have been updated lately.
    Ah sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by vonpietro View Post
    Don't know if you guys know about this website...
    Who knows Liberty3D? I bought the Syflex guide (fantastic training material) from there back in 2017, and my LW2020 licence.

Quote Originally Posted by jimzombie View Post
    Who knows Liberty3D? I bought the Syflex guide (fantastic training material) from there back in 2017, and my LW2020 licence.
    I'll just say I've purchased a LOT of tutorials, plugins, etc. from Liberty3D, and have always been a satisfied customer. I highly recommend them as a vendor!

Sales and support issues are quickly processed and addressed, they often offer great discounts, and have a lot of great edu. content for LW and other applications/plugins.
    John W.

Quote Originally Posted by djlithium View Post
    I'm working on having UberCam 3 update. I've had to move the development back to the original developer but they just started at AMD. The source that I got from the developer who kinda half assed it, also seems to be rather incomplete so we may have to start from scratch working from the 2.x code base and pull up from there to 3.x. My hope is that UberCam will eventually be fully integrated into LightWave3D with more than just cameras so to speak but with an updated "Reallens" system for modern production use..
    Alas, kinda figured it might be something along those lines. Been in plenty of those situations (receiving half-assed code), it's really frustrating. Sounds like you're on the right track, though: No point in trying to salvage, esp. if there's no (A)RTs to assert the API contracts and actually prove the questionable code works. In that case, it's nigh-always better to revert and reimplement it properly (perhaps safely "bringing across" algos/mechanisms from the questionable code if validated).

Direction sounds promising as well, a modern, extended "Reallens" system would be highly valuable esp. with strong perf. Good luck!
    Last edited by jwiede; 10-27-2020 at 02:44 PM.
    John W.