Thread: Isolate audio from an NDI camera, to apply across all cameras (OBS)

Isolate audio from an NDI camera, to apply across all cameras (OBS)

Hi. Simple setup: 2 NDI cameras, one (CAM1) has mixed audio coming through it (literally, via a jack on the back of the camera). I want that camera's audio running in my production continuously, regardless of which camera I have selected as a source in OBS. My current hack is 'hiding' the CAM1 source behind the CAM2 source in my CAM2-based scenes, thus, CAM1's audio is always available. This accomplishes what I want, but I'm wondering if there's a way to split or reference CAM1's audio stream (only the audio component) to include in the CAM2 scenes.

My mental model is based on USB webcams which present separate video and audio streams that can be used independently.

Thanks in advance.

Check out free NDI audio embedder:

http://ndi.lofas.se/

Seems like this will do what you're wanting. If you need, $19.95 for pro version allows for multiple outputs and such.

Fritz Golman
    Museum of Broadcast Communications

Thanks, Fritz. Interesting tools there, though doesn't quite accomplish what I'm asking. The de-embedder does indeed isolate the audio from an NDI source but doesn't appear to output it in a way that OBS can get ahold of it. I'll file this away for other uses though. Thanks again.

If you use his deembedder to grab the audio, his embedder will replace it in other streams (EG, from other cameras). Or, you can just use the embedder and I think you will be able to scan for other NDI audio on your network for that purpose.

I think.

Fritz
    Last edited by fgolman; 10-23-2020 at 04:11 PM.