Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PNG Artifact SE2

OK, that's helpful, thanks. (You do realize I'm trying to help, right? Not to quibble?)

So first thing, unlike your prior (cropped) PNG, this one does not have an alpha channel, but rather is composed over a solid white bg ... so that eliminates a whole bunch of possibilities. Now I can see the same problem in SE without any difficulty (well, I still don't see those weird triangles in the back, so I don't know what in blazes that was all about - but never mind).

Further, I can replicate this issue with an image of my own, similar to yours. So yes, there's clearly a problem. Sadly, I have not found any way to resolve it.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

LightWave Fan Boi
    Blog Entries
    It's been a LOOONG time since I've used SE and so can't verify what I'm about to suggest but you can try going into the control tree for the image and enabling Image Super Sampling and/or scaling quality and seeing if that helps.

My feeling is that it's something to do with SE rendering out a 4:2:0 8bit version of a 32bit rgb image and therefore could be a codec choice issue.

But I'm probably wrong.
    Last edited by Shabazzy; 10-23-2020 at 11:59 PM.

I tried that and a few other options in the clip properties. File format doesn't seem to matter, either.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Agreed - tried just about everything in properties and project settings.

To complete the thread, I think I found the issue:
    >original PSD file (from client) was 1280x720 (72 dpi) >Saved PNGs were 1280x720 >Timeline was 1920x1080

Now, when I changed the original PSD format to 1920x1080 (72 dpi), saved the new PNGs as 1920x1080 (72 dpi), and then placed on 1920x1080 timeline, the shadow/outline was gone.
    Thank you Steve and Shabazzy for reaching out to help!

PS: interesting nuggets:
    a) I had tried changing the timeline originally to 720p, but that did not help the original 720p PNGs
    b) adding new 1080p PNGs to a 720p timeline, looked fine

Well, I'm glad you solved it, but still not sure why it happens. Scaling shouldn't cause an issue like this. Nor should it happen when I simply made a similar page from scratch.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12