Thread: TC2, L3 buffers, LivePanel and election results datalink

TC2, L3 buffers, LivePanel and election results datalink

Is it possible to change a lower third text field from LivePanel or is there another way I can dynamically change buffers text fields from a remote system?

We are doing a 9 person two hour show immediately followed by another two hour show with different hosts/guests. I'd like to be able to focus on getting the next show segment ready while having someone else on the network change the L3 buffer titles.

Also, what would be the best method to feed election data from a remote studio into the TC2? Has anyone created an election results Live Graphic they'd be willing to sell, rent or share? Please PM me.

Thanks,
    Rob
    Rob Safran
    Share Wisdom Network
    [email protected]

TriCaster: 460 AE
    TalkShow: VS4000
    Gnural Net CM & LTA
    VSE and LiveText
    Cameras: 2-Sony PMW-X70, Sony PXW-Z150

Just remembered that I can use pre-sets if I have everyone's name. I read both the TC2's users guide and the Automation & Integration Guide and couldn't determine if it's possible to change the buffers text field remotely. I'll have 9 inputs and will need 9 buffers for their lower thirds.

Thanks,
    Rob
    Rob Safran
    Share Wisdom Network
    [email protected]

TriCaster: 460 AE
    TalkShow: VS4000
    Gnural Net CM & LTA
    VSE and LiveText
    Cameras: 2-Sony PMW-X70, Sony PXW-Z150

Hi,

you can do from Live Panel, or you can use that very useful tool from Kane, to update Datalink key/value pairs in your graphic templates : https://kanelp7.wixsite.com/kanesworld/datalinktitler

Best regards,

jerome

Quote Originally Posted by rlsafran View Post
    I read both the TC2's users guide and the Automation & Integration Guide and couldn't determine if it's possible to change the buffers text field remotely. I'll have 9 inputs and will need 9 buffers for their lower thirds.
    The key (no pun intended) will probably be to use DataLink in your Buffers, although presets could be useful too.

The thing about DataLink is that you can easily update values remotely. There are a lot of ways to do this. For example, you can change the value held by a key using the DataLink page in LivePanel, the DataLink plugin for Chrome, a CSV file shared over the network, or a third-party solution. (I'm pretty sure at least some of these are discussed in the docs.)
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")