Thread: Modeler to Layout Textures 2020

Modeler to Layout Textures 2020

Hey! - Textures Look great and everything is showing up perfectly in Modeler but when I open my model in Layout the textures are either not showing up at all or are completely white. Any idea what's going on? Thanks

ex-LightWave documentation BeeVee's Avatar
    Are you in a display mode like Shaded? Change the viewport display to Textured Shaded Solid for a view of your surfacing but bear in mind that Layout's OpenGL can only show the first layer of a nodal network. Anything you can see in Modeler can be seen in Layout.

B
    Ben Vost
    LightWave 3D Docs wiki
    AMD Threadripper 1950X, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 32GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GTX 1050Ti (4GB and 768 CUDA cores) and GTX 1080 (8GB and 2560 CUDA cores) driver version 456.71, 2x4K 23.5" monitors
    Dell Server, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Xeon E3-1220 @3.10 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Quadro K620
    Laptop with Intel i7, nVidia Quadro 2000Mw/ 2GB (377.83 and 192 CUDA cores), Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 8GB RAM
    Mac Mini 2.26 GHz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM, 10.10.3

Check your surfaces, F5. I suspect the Diffuse might be too low but in particular the Spec & Gloss are way too high. On imported items, I generally just set Diffuse to 100 & Spec to 0 which should set Gloss to 0 as well until I can get some maps in place.
    Earth can't be flat otherwise cats would have pushed everything off the edge!

The Big Apexx System:
    AMD RYZEN THREADRIPPER 2990WX Processor (3.00GHz)
    64GB
    2x NVIDIA Quadro RTX 4000 8GB 32 Core

If that also fails, check your OpenGL settings in Preferences and make sure OpenGL Textures is active.

easy way to see if excess brightness is a specular problem is to disable it for al the lights, find that if I am using Standard material for a textures I put a Fresnel shader in the specular channe,l PBSDF is what the renderer is set up for these days and tends to work better but even then it needs a little help

Thank You !!