Thread: onMax. Multiview Displays / Resolution on a TC2 Elite

Max. Multiview Displays / Resolution on a TC2 Elite

Hey,
    I'm actually looking for multiview displays for my TC2 Elite that is going to be shipped within this week.

How many Multiview / Interface Displays can I use with which resolution?
    I've somewhere read 2x 4k and 1x HD. But I don't know where I read this anymore and if it's right.

In the manual it just says
    • The Live Desktop includes a large monitoring pane with multiple and easily customized Workspaces. By default, this area includes Program output and Look Ahead Preview monitors with associated controls, along with the most commonly used Switcher inputs; but many alternatives are available.
    • TriCaster 2 Elite provides three more multiviewer outputs to drive local displays, with configurable workspace layouts and viewports to permit directors and operators to customize the control environment to their preferences.

But nothing about max. resolution. So: Can I use 4x 4k?

Kane also told me in the last thread that I should use 4k when using App Desktop for LiveCall Connect so my Caller Windows have enough resolution left.

Anymore hints? Does a 4k monitoring slow down anything?

Kind regards
    Last edited by Ideenplantage; 10-19-2020 at 09:56 AM.

The TriCaster 2 Elite can support up to 4 displays. The main UI should be HD (1920x1080). For the three full screen multiviews, up to two of them can be 4K resolution, the last one would need to be HD. If I recall, it is 1x HDMI and 3x Display Port connectors on the back of the unit.

It is recommended for the App Desktop to be in 4K resolution for Live Call Connect to have the most resolution to work with.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Thank you Kane!
    Can you say something about WQHD (2560x1440p)?

That is lower than 4K (3840x2160) so it would work for the multiview monitors.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Kane, you said the main UI should be 1920x1080. At least or exactly?
    I'm asking because I've found some 31,5" displays with 2560x1440 native resolution that meet my requirements. So my plan would be:

1x Main UI: 2560x1440
    1x Multiview: 2560x1440
    1x App Desktop for LiveCall: 4k

1) Would that work or is there any disadvantage with this combination?
    2) With this combination: Would it be possible to add a 4th monitor in 1920x1080?

Thanks a lot!

Maximum displays resolutions on the TriCaster 2 Elite is two monitors at a max of 1920x1200 and two monitors up to 4K (3840x2160).

Part of reason for this is leaving enough GPU resources available for the TriCaster's real-time processing. Most of the Tricaster real-time processing runs in the GPU, if every display is running at 4K resolution, that doesn't leave enough memory and processing left for TriCaster to do all of the stuff it needs.

As for the primary display being 1920x1080 (or 1920x1200). The main UI doesn't really benefit from a more resolution. There will be the same number of buttons and controls on it, all you would be doing is using more resources to display the same UI.

In the above list, I would run
    1x UI: 1920x1080
    1x App desktop: 3840x2160

That leaves one more display which can be a Multiview at 1920x1080 (1920x1200) resolution.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by kanep View Post
    Maximum displays resolutions on the TriCaster 2 Elite is two monitors at a max of 1920x1200 and two monitors up to 4K (3840x2160).

Part of reason for this is leaving enough GPU resources available for the TriCaster's real-time processing. Most of the Tricaster real-time processing runs in the GPU, if every display is running at 4K resolution, that doesn't leave enough memory and processing left for TriCaster to do all of the stuff it needs.

As for the primary display being 1920x1080 (or 1920x1200). The main UI doesn't really benefit from a more resolution. There will be the same number of buttons and controls on it, all you would be doing is using more resources to display the same UI.

In the above list, I would run
    1x UI: 1920x1080
    1x App desktop: 3840x2160

That leaves one more display which can be a Multiview at 1920x1080 (1920x1200) resolution.
    Thanks a lot for this detailed answer!