Thread: LP1 Control Surface unresponsive

LP1 Control Surface unresponsive

The LP1 Control Surface (CS) being used to switch the TC1 (Not Premium Access software )but Ver Build 7-1-200210C.
    Its the only version that has operational requirements that still exist within the Version for teaching purposes but it still has problems staying connected to the TC1 Unit.
    After several hours from a system restart of the TC1 the CS goes unresponsive where the physical buttons are pushed or the T-Bar is moved to transition and no movement on the TC1 UI is seen and consequently no Program source change.
    The CS is connected on its own dedicated Cat6 cable direct to the TC1 hardware and is setup through a USB to Cat6 Network adaptor.
    As mentioned, it does work for several hours and then - due to a lack of responsiveness through the Switcher, I am having to power cycle the CS Switcher only and once it powers back up and reconnects to the TC1, the switcher then becomes responsive again.
    Any support on this or do I need to Log it as a fault. Power cycling the CS Unit each time, at least twice a day cant be good?

What are the operational requirements for teaching purposes? The only change that I'm aware of from 7-1 to 7-3 is the change of the recording format to native NDI. Everything else should operate as it did before.

I'd recommend updating if you can. Otherwise, I'd recommend contacting support.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Thanks Kane,
    The 'Key' point that is required out of the Firmware version, especially for University teaching is found under Options where as a User, you can "Lock the Mouse to Primary". This is vital to stop the Mouse cursor 'wandering' away to the Multiview 55" screens that's placed away from the Primary UI screen. This software attribute ensures that the cursor remains locked to the UI.
    At this point, I have lodged the updated changes to Firmware as a Bug type report, that took away this Option.
    The responsiveness, obviously is now my next issue with the TC1.

Not to quibble, but just to explain: My recollection is that this change followed the provision of interactive controls in outboard Multiview screens. Previously, there was no valid reason for the mouse to travel off the main Live Desktop, and Multiviews were not really considered part of 'the Ui'. With so much ability added to the Multiviews, I think the feeling was that the majority would be taking advantage of those new capabilities; and, by default, if a preference can be removed it is removed.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Not a perfect answer, but you can do something like this to make it very difficult to get to the other monitors.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ScreenLayout.png 
Views:	17 
Size:	113.6 KB 
ID:	148886
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.