Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Conference tool with the highest quality

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    15

    Conference tool with the highest quality

    Hey folks!
    This is a little dedicated to the thread „Ultra Low Latency Streaming“.
    We have to do a conference call with 8 different locations. The call will be shown to an audience of 50 people on a big screen. We don‘t have the possibility to ship and operate SRT Encoder/Decoder to all locations so we have to use the common conference tools (like Zoom, Teams, etc.).
    I‘m looking for the conference tool with the best quality. Ideally it‘s one of the conference tools that are white listed for the LiveCall Connect feature.
    Any experiences?

    Kind regards

  2. #2
    Both Teams and Zoom are supported (along with Skype) on the TriCaster 2 Elite.

    Quality wise. Pretty much all meeting software can produce high quality video. Most often, the limiting factor the webcam (first) and bandwidth (second) of the callers. Make sure you run Live Call Connect on a 4K monitor to give as much resolution to the calling windows as possible.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by kanep View Post
    Both Teams and Zoom are supported (along with Skype) on the TriCaster 2 Elite.

    Quality wise. Pretty much all meeting software can produce high quality video. Most often, the limiting factor the webcam (first) and bandwidth (second) of the callers.
    The bandwidth will be fine and it's a Panasonic PTZ camera grabbed into the conference tool.

    Quote Originally Posted by kanep View Post
    Make sure you run Live Call Connect on a 4K monitor to give as much resolution to the calling windows as possible.
    Why is that? Do you just capture the windows to route them to an input?

    Kind regards

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    676
    I've actually had great experience with using Vmix Call, which is WebRTC based, to get NDI streams into my 8000. Each caller is a unique input so you can do whatever you like comp wise. Vmix handles the mix minus, too, so it makes it very easy. You just need a decent CPU to run this on.

    Fritz Golman
    Museum of Broadcast Communications

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by fgolman View Post
    I've actually had great experience with using Vmix Call, which is WebRTC based, to get NDI streams into my 8000. Each caller is a unique input so you can do whatever you like comp wise. Vmix handles the mix minus, too, so it makes it very easy. You just need a decent CPU to run this on.

    Fritz Golman
    Museum of Broadcast Communications
    Interesting idea. Is it stable?
    How exactly did you do that? You did run a VMix on a separate computer and connected it to the TriCaster via NDI?

    Would be a nice feature for the TriCaster as well.
    Last edited by Ideenplantage; 10-19-2020 at 03:25 PM.

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    676
    Yes, I've found it quite stable.

    It runs on a separate computer and sends out NDI for every caller. You pick them up as if they were all separate inputs so extremely flexible. There's also more control over the bandwidth than with Skype.

    The nice thing, zero install on client end. Works on PCs, macs, phones, tablets, pretty, much any modern browser.

    You can pull down Vmix and try for 30 days and test it out. I've found it plays quite nicely with TriCaster.

    Let me know if you need any advice. Happy to assist.

    Fritz Golman
    Museum of Broadcast Communications

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by fgolman View Post
    Yes, I've found it quite stable.

    It runs on a separate computer and sends out NDI for every caller. You pick them up as if they were all separate inputs so extremely flexible. There's also more control over the bandwidth than with Skype.

    The nice thing, zero install on client end. Works on PCs, macs, phones, tablets, pretty, much any modern browser.

    You can pull down Vmix and try for 30 days and test it out. I've found it plays quite nicely with TriCaster.

    Let me know if you need any advice. Happy to assist.

    Fritz Golman
    Museum of Broadcast Communications
    WebRTC really has some interesting advantages. Nice to hear that vMix Call seems to be stable with good quality. Thanks for this good advice!

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    676
    FYI, they have also in the last few days rolled out an "advanced" version of the web calling page. It is similar in look and feel to the original VMix Call but it now features camera and audio selection (so if there's a back camera or separate feed from a HD USB camera, for example) and, most importantly, capability to share desktop or app screens.

    Fritz

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •