Thread: TikTok program - our results

TikTok program - our results

We partnered with the NFL and created a 30 minute program just for TikTok.

A few days prior to our show, I watched another long-format TikTok show to get an idea of what other folks were up to on the platform. The event I watched was 16:9, and I didn't like the way it worked. TikTok is unique in the social media world because it is entirely intended to be veiwed on yuor phone. Most of us hold our phone vertically so I wanted our show to fit the audience, not have the audience adjust to fit us. So 9:16 it was.

I produced it to be viewed in very short chunks instead of fishing for people that would sit for the entire program. Most of the segments were 45 seconds. There was a common thread throughout the show, and it had a definite flow to pull the long-term viewers along, but by and large it was executed with the 10-30 second viewer in mind. TikTok themselves got involved to push the hashtags out and facilitate the donations as well as comment moderation. The NFL provided some of the content as well as putting their own push behind the show and the hashtags.

We started off on TikTok with zero followers. (This was actually our very first TikTok post.) By the end of the 30 minutes, we were up to 6,000 new followers. Within a week of the broadcast, we crested 1.7 billion impressions. With a "B". As of yesterday, the video had made 2.4 billion impressions.

Our out-of-pocket costs were $0, but were it not for the aspect-ratio agility of the TC1, we'd never have been able to do it.

We were not able to record a master of the program to our Aja KiPro Ultra+, so the only recording I have of the show was done internal to the TC and then exported post-event.

Anyway.... So.. TikTok... Yeah... you should try it.

Can you share a link?

Can you share a link? to see how was it look like?

Quote Originally Posted by dhodlick View Post
    We partnered with the NFL and created a 30 minute program just for TikTok.

A few days prior to our show, I watched another long-format TikTok show to get an idea of what other folks were up to on the platform. The event I watched was 16:9, and I didn't like the way it worked. TikTok is unique in the social media world because it is entirely intended to be veiwed on yuor phone. Most of us hold our phone vertically so I wanted our show to fit the audience, not have the audience adjust to fit us. So 9:16 it was.

I produced it to be viewed in very short chunks instead of fishing for people that would sit for the entire program. Most of the segments were 45 seconds. There was a common thread throughout the show, and it had a definite flow to pull the long-term viewers along, but by and large it was executed with the 10-30 second viewer in mind. TikTok themselves got involved to push the hashtags out and facilitate the donations as well as comment moderation. The NFL provided some of the content as well as putting their own push behind the show and the hashtags.

We started off on TikTok with zero followers. (This was actually our very first TikTok post.) By the end of the 30 minutes, we were up to 6,000 new followers. Within a week of the broadcast, we crested 1.7 billion impressions. With a "B". As of yesterday, the video had made 2.4 billion impressions.

Our out-of-pocket costs were $0, but were it not for the aspect-ratio agility of the TC1, we'd never have been able to do it.

We were not able to record a master of the program to our Aja KiPro Ultra+, so the only recording I have of the show was done internal to the TC and then exported post-event.

Anyway.... So.. TikTok... Yeah... you should try it.