Thread: External render engine integrated on Lightwave window

External render engine integrated on Lightwave window

Hi guys, I'm so happy discovering Lightwave 2018 for Rendering and LookDev, even I'm still using it along 2015. I feel that the engine and shaders are simply fantastic (even if I was upset at first touch), and having the chance to personalize the surface preview with scene lighting and per object it's a dream, what a great feature to review shaders based on scene lightning and in perspective view while also previewing the render on screen, so amazed, and big thanks to Anti!

Working using PBR is great as the shaders stands and there aren't view dependant as in the old days, when you have to save most of the time shaders per camera view

On the other hand, I'm also using Octane for Lightwave and wondering how likely would it be to have the Octane Ipr integrated into Lightwave's viewport, same as VPR actually. What do you think guys?

Lightwave prevails

Surely, you mean the other way, which you can do: place VPR in a separate window.
    Why shoehorn IPR into one of those little viewports?
    IPR will happily sit over any LW viewport now.
    Robert Wilson, MA Deaf Ed.
    Indiana Deaf School
    This e-mail may contain information protected under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act.

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Surely, you mean the other way, which you can do: place VPR in a separate window.
    If I'm understanding the question correctly, I think he wants to be able to enable VPR in any Layout window, but have Octane being used instead of the Lightwave renderer. I don't use Octane, but it sounds like a great idea. I'd rather have that than another floating window, or at least the option to float.

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    No, I donīt want to put the VPR into a separate window, nor place it on top of any viewport as this is something that can be done already. I would like to swap from VPR to IPR(Octane) within the same window and having also access to its setting from there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Axis3d View Post
    If I'm understanding the question correctly, I think he wants to be able to enable VPR in any Layout window, but have Octane being used instead of the Lightwave renderer. I don't use Octane, but it sounds like a great idea. I'd rather have that than another floating window, or at least the option to float.
    Thanks, Axis 3D, this is actually what I was referring too

Ah.
    You should go ask Juanjo why he hasn't done that. He might make a showing here but he hangs most at Otoy's forum.

I recall conversations about this when it initially launched. Based on Octane's api and LW's sdk, it hasn't been a good idea for years.
    With my workflow in Octane on a dual monitor setup, I find the way the IPR is setup, it would be hampered being in a viewport. On a 4k monitor, as I said, less hampered and the desired feature is useable/possible, because the IPR will sit on top of LW.

Not saying don't desire it; am saying it is unlikely to happen; as well, am sighting solutions for the desired outcome.
    Robert Wilson
    i-7-4770k @3.5ghz, Titan, GTX 1660 Ti, et al