Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Screw the Doom & Gloom - LW Still Rulez In My Arsenal, and Will for Years to Come

Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post
    Prometheus, it is never anything positive from the Wickedpup, so i sat a certain setting to "ignore".
    Well..I am aware of some history, but I canīt go in with that in mind to form prejudiced opinions..right now it is about the functionality of a Bridge tool in both Lightwave and Blender, not wether or not he considers himself not having any use of it VS what he thinks I do with it either, and itīs not a silly Don Quijote, put on a shining armour for a battle for your favoured software.

And even former Lw modeler Richard Culver sort of aknowledge tools like this..

Richard_Culver
    Feb 6

"I am not a development expert but it might be well possible to combine these operators with python into a tool that let you bridge shape and taper with a curve at the same time. As well as interactively add segments.

The workarounds possible in Blender would require stacking modifiers. Would not be nearly as quick and interactive as this all around, and maybe missing a feature. But it would have the trade off of more flexibility and non-destructive workflow.

So the thing is, cool thing about these kind of modeler tools in LW Modeler is they are interactive, quick and specific. Even if destructive they let you model things quickly which is the plus side.

I am in favor of more modeling tools like this coming to Blender. Even if destructive.

I could probably construct a modifer stack with a few tricks I have up my sleeve to make something like this. If I get a chance I will give it a shot."

Yep,

I've mentioned some lack of Snappy stuff in Blender on earlier occasions.

cons/pros

LW vidz   DPont donate   LW Facebook   IKBooster   My vidz

And since the previous image was a bit crappy from evee, entering cycles for better subsurface..also a crosspost in the 1001 ways to use blender and Lightwave together...
    but fitting in this thread as well since the previous AW bridge "discussion"

paint3d brain model modified, and reduced (too much though)
    AW bridge tools to merge the connections in just a few seconds, send to blender for faster render and better subsurface material.

I haven't been on these forums that long, but is it me or are there a lot of "blender" people here down talking Lightwave? Have we had any official confirmation or statements stating that Lightwave is officially dead? I haven't seen any.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelBeckwith View Post
    I haven't been on these forums that long, but is it me or are there a lot of "blender" people here down talking Lightwave? Have we had any official confirmation or statements stating that Lightwave is officially dead? I haven't seen any.
    Since your post is sequentially just following my posts, I would urge you to look through Every post I made here in this thread, not Only(if that is the case) the last post..and then make up your mind if we are having this don quiote shining armour suit on us ..all ready to do battle in the holy war, or If I discussed a certain tool, then expanding on that what you can do with it in lightwave, and also utilizing other tools to finalize the picture.

A dummy guide for you to follow on this would be, I previously mentioned the very nice Aw bezier tool, as a such tool with certain functionality that I do not see in blender.

Ok?

As for the officially dead statment?
    No, they have not stated anything like that, but they are avoiding answering that there is any development at all, which to me is avoidance with a safe suit for any future development or not, if they
    were very sure that they have those possibilities to continue development, In my mind it would be folly not to make that clear.
    In fact they simply say, we do not reveal what is the case about future development.

and then you have to make the math by including the latest release and how much was done with that, and most (if not all)the developers is cut off...or leaving, then form your own mosaic of what picture is emerging in to the light, but as sure as hell(it seems sure according to that phrase)... Newtek and vizrt will not tell you up front, but instead keep you in the dark... sadly.

LightWave Fan Boi
    Blog Entries
    I haven't been on these forums that long, but is it me or are there a lot of "blender" people here down talking Lightwave?
    Mate, sadly this is a very persistent and annoying issue caused by some (read as the 'Usual Suspects') members of the forum. I personally see it a real problem due to the tendency for a) threads to be hijacked and go off topic, b) starting a flame war or c) drifting into Blender promoting.

My view is if people want to talk about Blender, then restrict it to a dedicated thread or discuss Blender on a Blender forum because not everyone who visits the LightWave forums is particularly interested in reading about Blender in threads that have no connection to it. Unfortunately, it seems there are those who lack the basic good manners to abide by forum etiquette.

Have we had any official confirmation or statements stating that Lightwave is officially dead? I haven't seen any.
    No, there's been no official confirmation by NewTek or VizRT, but that won't stop the tin hat brigade on these forums churning out their copious amounts of conspiracy theories. Hence the appearance of this aptly titled thread to try and counter the overwhelming amounts of negativity brought on by The Usual Suspects.

However, as you can see, even threads created to make a concerted effort to bring positivity about LightWave to its members, become polluted with negativity and Blender-baiting because of the sheer lack of awareness of The Usual Suspects.

I swear, tolerance is not a good thing when there are this many God awful people around.

The usual suspects?? god awful people?....
    Je...ch...st, that means everyone and no one..the suspect is without a name, and someone discussing technality issues on one software is God awful people? oh my.

Tolerance in this little section is a small price to pay VS prejudiced assumptions and puttin people on the stake or witchhunting them for being obsessed by blender.

No sure why some of you should go this blender fan thing again in this thread.

Thereīs 5 pages, and blender is mentioned as a tool these persons use and tries to learn a bit more, but most of that mentioning is combined with statements of still using Lightwave mostly, with the exception for wickedpup I think, these are the persons.
    ma3rk
    tim parson
    marander
    Prometheus

There is in no way any promotion of blender.
    And for myself, I mentioned where I canīt use Lightwave on occasion, due to blender doing it faster or better as for subsurface, and also where I love some tools in lightwave, and also how much more I prefer the lightwave stage and cameras, and all itīs fractals, and some modeling operations as described with the AW bezier bridge ..which is a tool I do not see any equivalent tool for in blender.

so for the blender mentioning each post, perhaps just restrict those complaints and not talk about it all all..or just go ahead and inflate it all.
    We have a dedicated thread for blender stuff, but in no means does occasional mentioning in relation to what lightwave does and is capable of or not...interfere with any decent level o judging what is promoting or not.
    Look if there is truly promotion of blender, such as in this suspected case, you are welcome to skim throughall 5 pages with the search string blender and see where it is mentioned, eventually promoted or how often and by which usual suspects.

I donīt think I would have posted the brain connection bridging image I did..if it werenīt for the previous discussion with wickedpup..where he doesnīt understand why I put such stress on the AW bezier tool in lightwave being so nice..and a little bridging showcase of the tool, and it is a different showcase than just a cup, and had lightwave been faster in rendering, I would have used that.

If any..the reasons for why I used both software should be something that is recognized discussed, and promoted as something that needs to work better ..for whichever of the two software that is used, or we can put blindfolds ..stick the head in the sand like an ostrich, and pretend everythings fine when itīs not..and let people run away from something that doesnīt get attention, and the software eventually dies.

And I warn you all..if I ever see a slight mentioning about photoshop, or even windows in a lightwave forum, I will stick needles on to your avatars and curse you all that is dead serious.

Again..I am not having an armour representing blender, and Again same over there at blender forums..I am not having an armour representing Lightwave , as I often am accused of over there, It was recognized and I got some support from moderators over there to feel free to discuss other software such as Lightwave.

Quote Originally Posted by Shabazzy View Post
    No, there's been no official confirmation by NewTek or VizRT, but that won't stop the tin hat brigade on these forums churning out their copious amounts of conspiracy theories...

... the sheer lack of awareness of The Usual Suspects...
    Correct, there was no official confirmation but after the various posts of long time LW staff, the leave of various long time LW artists, developers (internal and 3rd party), insiders and contributers and the last official post of NewTek about LW, the very thin 2020 version and content, unresolved issues that makes the latest release useless in some situations - it's rather lack of awareness not to see what is happening in my opinion.

Nothing wrong in singing Kumbaya together if that makes you happy of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Marander View Post
    Correct, there was no official confirmation but after the various posts of long time LW staff, the leave of various long time LW artists, developers (internal and 3rd party), insiders and contributers and the last official post of NewTek about LW, the very thin 2020 version and content, unresolved issues that makes the latest release useless in some situations - it's rather lack of awareness not to see what is happening in my opinion.

Sorry ..but I canīt carry a tune, everything would go wrong if we come together. drums perhaps or the silly dance.

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    Sorry ..but I canīt carry a tune, everything would go wrong if we come together. drums perhaps or the silly dance.
    LOL same here, I rather have an interesting discussion with you!

LightWave Fan Boi
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marander View Post
    What makes me happy is factual, definitive information from decision makers. Not sewing circle gossip of the clueless moaning Minnies.

Quote Originally Posted by Shabazzy View Post
    What makes me happy is factual, definitive information from decision makers. Not sewing circle gossip of the clueless moaning Minnies.
    It doesn't bother you that most developers including staff for documentation and support are let go or that developers like Oliver don't want to have anything to do with LW anymore?

That there are no job positions open at VizRT or NewTek for LW?

The faulty and thin LW 2020 release?

The slow development pace in the past and giant gap to other 3D apps, lack of essential features?

That almost no other 3D applications, render engines, bridges or plugins have a LW integration?

The complete mess of old and redundant tools because no one at LW bothers to clean up or consolidate?

That long standing issues like Alembic or SubD are still not fixed?

Abandoned tools like Nevron or Chronosculpt?

Broken commercial plugins?

The complete lack of marketing, newsletters or learning material?

These are facts.

Well, NewTek decision makers, I rather not go into that.
    Last edited by Marander; 10-29-2020 at 05:43 AM.

ahem, Not Quite.
    It doesn't bother you that most developers including staff for documentation and support are let go
    ALL developers have been let go.
    Deuce quits in December.

We must be positive.
    Yey?!

Even die-hard user Kat is seeing the thunder-clouds.

Last edited by erikals; 10-29-2020 at 05:48 AM.
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LW Facebook   IKBooster   My vidz

Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post
    thunder-clouds.
    Careful with posting clouds, I don't think Prometheus will approve these!

Sorry Prom, couldn't resist

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast