Thread: Remotecontrol of NDI Virtual Input

Remotecontrol of NDI Virtual Input

Hi,

does anybody know if it's possible to remote control NDI Virtual Input?

Background: I'm using NDI Virtual Input to view the Camera Input on a Digital Signage System. This works great.
    Now we plan to add a second Camera to the System but i only have one Virtual Input Device. That's why i need to remotely change the input device (rightclick -> select input).

I thought about using an auto Hotkey script that i can trigger using an TCP / powershell command. But it would be better to use some kind of direct API for this.

Any idea?

Regards,

You can use NDI Studio Monitor, which has a output feature. Whatever Studio Monitor is looking at, the device connected to the output will follow.

NDI Studio Monitor has a web interface for control. I've also got some scripts that allow control from inside the TriCaster macro system.
    https://kanelp7.wixsite.com/kanesworld/ext-monitor
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Basically, in this context you can use Studio Monitor (the Windows version only, I think) as a router. Also, note that if you happen to be running either a VMC1 or a TC2 Elite, you have routed NDI outputs that would be ideal for this purpose.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Hi Kane, can we have NDI Virtual Input default to a certain camera on startup ? I'm putting it in the windows startup folder but if it always defaults to "none" selected which means it always needs to be manually tweaked to be useable. Thanks, Ken