Thread: How many Teams/Zoom callers in Elite 2 all together

Thomas TV2

How many Teams/Zoom callers in Elite 2 all together

Hi there.

If I want to bring both Zoom and Teams into a production through the Desktop App, is it then 8 callers in total or can I have more?

Anybody tried it with more than one App?

Thanks

Thomas
    Tricaster 8000 AE2

Quote Originally Posted by abcwille View Post
    Hi there.

If I want to bring both Zoom and Teams into a production through the Desktop App, is it then 8 callers in total or can I have more?

Anybody tried it with more than one App?

Thanks

Thomas
    I could be wrong, but I believe there's only one mix minus for the apps, so the Zoom and Teams callers would not be able to hear each other.
    Central Control - MIDI, OSC and StreamDeck control for TriCaster and 3Play - centralcontrol.io

The TriCaster 2 Elite supports up to 9 callers in Teams/Zoom (or any of the supported meeting software).

You can only use one meeting software application at time, you cannot use both Teams and Zoom, with the idea that you will have 18 callers that can all talk and see each other. Window's only allows one device to use the webcam, if Teams it using the virtual webcam driver, it will not be available to Zoom.

However, you can make a workflow like this operate if you run one of the meeting applications on the TriCaster 2 Elite App Desktop, then use a second computer for the meeting application (combined with NDI Tools). You aren't going to get the Live Call Connect features on the external laptop, but it will allow both meeting applications to be 'connected' into a single production.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Thomas TV2
    Thanks a lot Kane.

Think it is a bit unclear in the specs, when it says " multiple simultaneous video call inputs " :-)
    But it is clear to me now.
    And a great idea with a second computer :-)

Thomas
    Tricaster 8000 AE2

I should also point out that you can have the two channels of Skype TX work alongside any of the meeting software. You can have 2x Skype TX callers + 9 Zoom/Teams/Discord callers.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.