Thread: LiveText in TC2 Elite?

LiveText in TC2 Elite?

This may be a dumb question, but I just received my TC-2 Elite and can't find the "offline" version of LiveText, as promised in the manual on page 13. I have two other TC-1 switchers with the LiveText menu button sandwiched between "Live" and "Manage".

Anyone else figure out how to get into LiveText? I'll probably be using the LiveGraphics/After Effects/Photoshop integration anyways, but was confused at why I couldn't find it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TC2Manual.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	50.0 KB 
ID:	148804
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TC2 Screenshot.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	39.4 KB 
ID:	148803  

I'm sorry, but the LT workflow in TC2 has been replaced by support for importing PSDs (with automatic conversion to title pages). I'll write a bug to correct the manual, sorry about the bad info.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

no worries, thanks!

Where can the Adobe plugin be downloaded? Recently purchased the TC Elite as well and found all the documentation on this but only mention on Newtek's download page is bundled with Premium Access.

"TriCaster 2 Elite Advanced Software Capabilities: With the innovative LiveGraphics Creator plugin to simplify and accelerate authoring in Adobe® After Effects® CC for users of all experience levels, plus enhanced real-time system functionality allowing unprecedented customization, playback, and automation options, LiveGraphics lets you to produce and present spectacular live graphics faster and easier than ever before."

Thanks,
    Mike

Sorry, you're confusing LiveText (as in the first post) with LiveGraphics. Only the latter requires an Adobe plugin. All you need to do to get LiveText type CGXML files as used in TriCaster's Media Players is drop a PSD into the playlist and wait a moment for it to convert automatically.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

@fuelcreative, are you referring to the LiveGraphics plug-in that runs inside of Adobe After Effects? I found that you can install that when you run the Premium Access installer on your own local machine (not the TriCaster 2 Elite). When you run the installer, you can uncheck all the other stuff, except the AE plug-in. I can't see the extension, however, so maybe this isn't up to date either. I found this info in the Premium Access User Guide, found on the downloads page.

Quote Originally Posted by bwood View Post
    @fuelcreative, are you referring to the LiveGraphics plug-in that runs inside of Adobe After Effects? I found that you can install that when you run the Premium Access installer on your own local machine (not the TriCaster 2 Elite). When you run the installer, you can uncheck all the other stuff, except the AE plug-in. I can't see the extension, however, so maybe this isn't up to date either. I found this info in the Premium Access User Guide, found on the downloads page.
    Correct...I was meaning to say LiveGraphics Creator. Supposedly included with TC2 Elite (page 262 of manual) but not description how to download the plugin. Is the full Premium Access included with the Elite? I thought just certain features such as this.

‘Animate graphics faster and easier than ever before with the included LiveGraphics Creator plugin for Adobe® After Effects® CC.”

Download the Premium Access from the main download site. https://www.newtek.com/downloads/

You don't need to install this on the TriCaster 2 Elite, but install this on your Window PC with Adobe to get the plug-in put on the system.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by fuelcreative View Post
    Supposedly included with TC2 Elite (page 262 of manual) but not description how to download the plugin.
    I agree this is unclear, and have spoken to the relevant people to try to improve - thanks for bringing it up.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

There's now a "LiveText Installer" download on the NewTek support website

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LT Installer.PNG 
Views:	23 
Size:	32.3 KB 
ID:	148895
    Central Control - MIDI, OSC and StreamDeck control for TriCaster and 3Play - centralcontrol.io