Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 20 of 20

Thread: Lightwave load Illustrator EPS error

  1. #16
    there is no sanctuary....
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Rochester Hills, MI USA
    Posts
    535
    Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    No..I donīt think thatīs correct, the real problem Is Not the original image.
    There is no problem with the original image, Other than the problem is that there is an image at all within what is supposed to be a vector file only, this is originally a vector eps file, with an image layer as well, he just posted that as raster.
    Tracing is the second choice if you do not have a vector art file from the beginning.

    See my posts above, I couldnīt have converted the eps to pdf that accurately online, if it werent already a vector file.
    So my files are more accurate since I didnīt have to trace it, that is the "wrong way" if you already have it as vector file.

    If you refer to the hard edges? In such case you should have stated it as "there is a real problem with the vector resolution & bezier paths" and not an image problem, or at least mention vector image.
    For that you would have to work the path with interpolation, or simplify path etc, smoothing it.
    Selecting various node parts(inkscape), or point (illustrator) sonly where needed and use smooth is what you can do, but tedious..better with a better trace, if it is originating from an image.

    You could also refer to the problem being how the original image was converted by Jaxtone, which is probably what you ment..right?, but not described exactly.
    No, I was clear enough. Nothing was going to help those curves, the original image provided has the same detail. Looking at yours, the crown has some extra detail, if you can call it that. It's a mess.
    Bill Carey

    3900X 3.79
    Win10 Pro 64bit
    32gig Ram
    AMD 5700XT 8gb 20.4.2
    LW 2020.02 x64
    Space Navigator

  2. #17
    RETROGRADER prometheus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    sweden stockholm
    Posts
    17,242
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Carey View Post
    No, I was clear enough. Nothing was going to help those curves, the original image provided has the same detail. Looking at yours, the crown has some extra detail, if you can call it that. It's a mess.
    We have to make one thing clear first, is the image he posted, the very same image he used for the tracing to his eps file, yes or no.
    If it is, then you may be correct.

    But itīs no use speculating, jaxtone can tell us if the image uploaded here is the exact image he used for tracing, being low res and all, or if he used a larger resolution.

    What I donīt get, why did you import the eps to affinity? export to png, import to inkscape and trace it, then export...seems very unnecessary and you are in danger of loosing generations of quality, while all you had to do was to import or copy and paste the image he posted directly in to inkscape and then trace..not going through the hoops of affinity and export a processed image, when it didnīt need to?

    Did you try to increase the resolution in affinity before exporting to png and thatīs why?

    But again..it was not the real problem, the problem was the import, that is why I said there shouldnīt even be an image, since it will screw up the import.
    As for the lack of quality, that is a secondary problem, not the main problem.

    And that image has nothing to do with how his result turned out for hard edges, other than he traced it sharper, while you traced it smoother, and while I didnīt trace it ..just converted his eps, which you donīt have in your lw logo.

    and also, I could trace that bitmap he provided to be smoother as well, but I havenīt got time to post all this.

  3. #18
    there is no sanctuary....
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Rochester Hills, MI USA
    Posts
    535
    Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    We have to make one thing clear first, is the image he posted, the very same image he used for the tracing to his eps file, yes or no.
    If it is, then you may be correct.

    But itīs no use speculating, jaxtone can tell us if the image uploaded here is the exact image he used for tracing, being low res and all, or if he used a larger resolution.

    What I donīt get, why did you import the eps to affinity? export to png, import to inkscape and trace it, then export...seems very unnecessary and you are in danger of loosing generations of quality, while all you had to do was to import or copy and paste the image he posted directly in to inkscape and then trace..not going through the hoops of affinity and export a processed image, when it didnīt need to?

    Did you try to increase the resolution in affinity before exporting to png and thatīs why?

    But again..it was not the real problem, the problem was the import, that is why I said there shouldnīt even be an image, since it will screw up the import.
    As for the lack of quality, that is a secondary problem, not the main problem.

    And that image has nothing to do with how his result turned out for hard edges, other than he traced it sharper, while you traced it smoother, and while I didnīt trace it ..just converted his eps, which you donīt have in your lw logo.

    and also, I could trace that bitmap he provided to be smoother as well, but I havenīt got time to post all this.
    It's a 507 x 340 jpg image, didn't try it. Hoped the EPS would come in to infinity better than that. It might be the image he used originally, no idea. Would be typical of how fuzzy edged jpg's usually trace. If it was my project I'd leave it in inkscape, your way or mine, change some points to curves and start smoothing it out, but it isn't, so I just loaded it into LW as is. A starting point perhaps.
    Bill Carey

    3900X 3.79
    Win10 Pro 64bit
    32gig Ram
    AMD 5700XT 8gb 20.4.2
    LW 2020.02 x64
    Space Navigator

  4. #19
    RETROGRADER prometheus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    sweden stockholm
    Posts
    17,242
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Carey View Post
    It's a 507 x 340 jpg image, didn't try it. Hoped the EPS would come in to infinity better than that. It might be the image he used originally, no idea. Would be typical of how fuzzy edged jpg's usually trace. If it was my project I'd leave it in inkscape, your way or mine, change some points to curves and start smoothing it out, but it isn't, so I just loaded it into LW as is. A starting point perhaps.
    Ok..I think I am following you now, you probably used affinity to extract that original image within the EPS guessing the eps image would be better, that would explain the route of affinity first instead of just copying his linked image here.
    Unfortunately I can not see the image in there after my online conversion, itīs just an image layer, but just blanke and nothing that I could trace.

    But I am guessing itīs that layer that is causing the issue of not getting it imported as a proper eps into lightwave.
    That is the issue with the file not getting in, the other issue as you say, is to have time and adjust the path smoothness, but it would be better to start with better image samples..I posted previously links to higher resolution images(post 14)
    of that logo, at least higher than the linked image here, not sure what the original was though.

    And to smooth the night of with trivia this representive kings Logo, our king is the head of the state over here, a couple of main duties to be a gathering symbol for sweden, opening the parlament, being chairman of the meetings, but he isnīt allowed to engage politicly, not with public comments (odd since it should be a human right, and he got that denied sort of, but he got other smoothing rights, such as he can not be prosecuted for crimes outside civil rights)
    He is also the highest military representive in Sweden, on the paper he is actually..before the Commander-in-Chief, so in case of war..the commander-in-chief has to work with him for guidelines around the
    military strategies, and under him for the better good of Sweden during war times.


    Monarky still, I have my opinions about that..but I canīt speak politicly about it here, Iīm under the same restraints in here as our king... sort of making us equal a bit so much for my power and my human rightīs in here

    No politics to mess things up, this is the sanctuary for that
    We only got freedom of speculation which still is allowed, and look where that leads us.

  5. #20
    Yes Prometheus is right you had junk layers in there but something more fundamental happened, when you do live trace in Ai you need to use the expand layers command or use the compound object command to convert your trace to vector paths, the crash was most likely due to the junk layers (the original image you were tracing) but even if it hadn't crashed you wouldn't have got anything because the Live trace isn't strictly a vector object until you convert it, and like every one else has said, epsv8 or nothing

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •