Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: How Were These Done?

Maybe Topmod could be of use........ http://people.tamu.edu/~ergun/resear.../download.html

Quote Originally Posted by Wickedpup View Post
    Maybe Topmod could be of use........ http://people.tamu.edu/~ergun/resear.../download.html
    Yes, can be used for remeshing with various styles, but it is highly unstable ..it only took me one minut or so to crash it with the same model I used for blender in the latest post, and all I did was a dual tesselation, seems it doesnīt like unclosed meshes.

It can work though if meshes are more correct and closed, for various patterns that blender isnīt capable of, then maybe just use wireframe in blender.
    You can use wireframe in topmod as well, but not sure if you can combine meshes on top mixing, not the same way anyway.

Sample, honeycomb remeshing..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	topmod and blender wire.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	397.6 KB 
ID:	149053

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    Yes, can be used for remeshing with various styles, but it is highly unstable ..it only took me one minut or so to crash it with the same model I used for blender in the latest post, and all I did was a dual tesselation, seems it doesnīt like unclosed meshes.
    Keep in mind it gets used a lot for 3D printing where manifold (closed) meshes are basically required -- not exactly surprising that it has trouble with open meshes.
    John W.
    LW2015.3UB/2019.1.5 on MacPro(12C/24T/10.13.6),64GB RAM, NV 980ti

Quote Originally Posted by jwiede View Post
    Keep in mind it gets used a lot for 3D printing where manifold (closed) meshes are basically required -- not exactly surprising that it has trouble with open meshes.
    Yes..in that case I also recognized that, and made a closed mesh after that, but itīs been unstable with other stuff being manifold as well.

Seems it hasnīt been updated for years, would be nice to have something more developed than that..preferably free tools, if I havenīt missed something apart from meshmixer, blender, wings3d.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234