Thread: TC1 not working properly after update today

TC1 not working properly after update today

I got around to updating my TC1 to the latest release today, and am now unable to do most anything with it now. On reboot/first startup, if I let the system try to start a session on its own, the countdown stops at 6 seconds every time. In addition, I can mouse over buttons, but they do not activate when clicked. I was able to enter admin mode, but couldn't access many options there either. THings like defrag could be selected, update system, and registration. After trying to reinstall once more, I took a look at registration...and my info was there, but am unable to resubmit it (looks like a known/current issue). So I selected 'continue unregistered', but no changes...same issues persist.

Its an abstract issue but I welcome any ideas short of a system reinstall (will do that anyway if necessary) as I'm dead in the water right now. Thx for any help.
    JimK

Tricaster 460, 850, TC1

I have experienced the whole: Buttons don't react to clicking the last few updates but could never reproduce it for a report. Usually if I exit out to windows and reload its gone. I believe I saw the 6 second thing but it cleared up for me after a reboot. This weekend there were server issues re: Registration. I would re-register today and see if you are good to go.

Sorry for your issues.
    Always before updating your system, reboot and choose backup/restore from the startup menu and make a backup of your current system.
    It makes it very easy to get back a working system if an update goes wonky.
    Tricaster 460 Advanced Edition 2, Tricaster 40 V1
    2 Sony PXW-X70 Cameras, 2 Panasonic AG-HMC40P Cameras
    VSE 2.5 - VSE Advanced Edition, A bunch of Doo-Dads and cables

Yup - the update completely jacked up our system, too. I kept getting this error during install:

Hitting "abort" would have killed the TC software install because the very first step in an update is to uninstall the current system. Hitting "retry" had no effect, so I kept hitting "ignore" for the many variations of this warning that popped up. After it was all said and done, surprise! The TC1 doesn't work. Customer Support said to do a system restore, which I did.

Updated from the as-sent state and it hung at "Installing prerequisites 5/6" for over an hour. Looking at the process manager showed the TC update.exe to have been stalled. Now I am in the process of restoring, again.

After it hanging up repeatedly and having to re-restore 3x, I got it to stabilize. Here's what I had to do: YMMV:
    Restore. Then download the latest driver for the GPX card and install it. Reboot. Then download the latest Microsoft .NET framework and install it. Reboot. Then update Windows with the security patches. Reboot. THEN update the TC. No hangs. Blasted right through it.

Last step - make a new backup from the stable, updated state. LOL

Thx for the responses...definitely should have run a backup before updating...its now my 1st commandment for future updates.