Thread: cannot render scene

cannot render scene

I was rendering a scene, everything going fine until I updated something on modeler that corresponded with the model that was being rendered in layout..
    Anyway.. Layout crashed mid render..
    No problem I thought just get it back going again...
    everytime I attempt to render the scene now, the render scene window appears for about 2 seconds, vanishes and im back to where i was.. No render
    F9 works fine but F10?
    nope..
    Tried it on LW2019 and LW2020
    Same outcome
    Attempted an old lws and it rendered fine so its not software.
    I have cleared every model from the scene until theres nothing left but a light and a camera...
    Still the same, so im assuming its render properties but why would fiddling with a model in modeller mess with render settings in layout?
    I still cannot render so any help would be appreciated

My only thought would be make sure you shut down the hub, i.e. close LW (whichever version you are running) then specifically exit from the Hub which will probably still be running. Also, you could trying backing up your config files before deleting and creating a new set. It's possible something odd has slipped into the configs as this is not unheard of. Those are the first things I try when something odd happens with LW. It's sort of the equivalent of resetting/rebooting a Windows PC which tends to fix 95% of the problems
    Kevin F Stubbs

Remember...one size does NOT fit all

Cheers for that but...
    Fraid not.. Tried that, same outcome. Also tried the obvious, turning pc on and off
    Also tried opening a new scene then importing everything from the scene that wouldnt render, copied all properties over and it renders scene ok but the lighting is a little off, which basically means i have to go back to frame 1 of a 25000 frame animation, I dont really want to do that.

I managed to fix it by changing the frames that were rendered in the render properties..I wanted frame 436 to frame 515.. That was not working
    I changed it to 435 to 500 now its redering fine!?!?!?
    Bizzare and makes no sense
    but at least its rendering and by adding this issue to this forum it helps others with the same problem

Cheers!

Sorry my ideas didn't help but good to know you managed to resolve the problem This does sound like an odd bug that needs investigating by Newtek, so it would probably be a good idea to submit a bug report to them through LW including a version of the scene that causes the problem.
    Kevin F Stubbs

Remember...one size does NOT fit all

TrueArt Support
    If app crashes there is opened dialog asking whether to send bug report to NewTek developers, where are the all data like module (dll, plugin) that crashed and offset (convertible to line number)...
    If they will get it, they will know exact line in source code which crashed.
    It might be the place where is a bug, but might be not (e.g. random crashes are result of trashing memory in the other place)

Crash of app in the middle of work may damage configuration files in
    C:\Users\[user]\.NewTek\LightWave
    so you need to rename or delete them.
    They will be recreated from scratch.
    Last edited by Sensei; 09-26-2020 at 04:34 AM.

That would have been fine 'if' Lightwave had crashed but it didn't, after pressing F10 the render scene window appeared then shut down after around 1 second.
    Layout remained open but simply would not render the scene.

Sorted only after I changed the frames to be rendered