Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can I do this in LW?

I use the ogawa alembic, not sure if that makes a difference? I will try what you did and see if I can have any success.
    Basically I just want a static model with all my textures as the base model that I can always go to and just add/merge alembic animations to just add different animations to the base model. Problems I get are keeping the sizes consistent going back and forth. If it's not exact then the mdd cache will just trash the base mesh.
    Thanks for all your advice. Will follow what you did and report back. Just out of interest, are you using the latest version of LW or and earlier version?

Quote Originally Posted by genesis1 View Post
    ...are you using the latest version of LW or and earlier version?
    I tested it with 2020.0.1 and 2019.1.5

Quote Originally Posted by genesis1 View Post
    ...Basically I just want a static model with all my textures as the base model that I can always go to and just add/merge alembic animations to just add different animations to the base model. Problems I get are keeping the sizes consistent going back and forth. If it's not exact then the mdd cache will just trash the base mesh...
    For this case it should work with mdd export (MDD Cache Standard) from MD (not alembic). If you use the same scale for exporting as your default unit in Lightwave (if you never changed it it should be meters) the object should have the right size when you apply the mdd to your object in layout.

ciao
    Thomas
    Web: www.dieleinwandhelden.com

I use two pieces of the three-piece application with mocap module.

My fault. Had it set wrong on the import. I had it set on merge with selected instead of root. Works now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12