Thread: NDI Access Manager - discovery service

NDI Access Manager - discovery service

Is there more detail on how these tools work? I see access manager stores data in a appuser roaming xml file. But it does not store the discovery server data in that file and I cannot find another location of data being stored.

If you use discovery service, does it completely ignore the output and receive groups?
    What defaults are needed in groups?
    If discover server is enabled are any ports needed to be forwarded at all? or can all machines now see and receive what the server is keeping track of?

Any tutorial at all??

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by herlsone View Post
    Is there more detail on how these tools work? I see access manager stores data in a appuser roaming xml file. But it does not store the discovery server data in that file and I cannot find another location of data being stored.

If you use discovery service, does it completely ignore the output and receive groups?
    If discover server is enabled are any ports needed to be forwarded at all? or can all machines now see and receive what the server is keeping track of?

Any tutorial at all??

Thanks
    I have a short video on Discovery Server, I don't know if I would call it training as much as informational.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rA9DIfau9E

Group are supported with NDI Discovery Server, nothing about them changes.

NDI Discovery Server use TCP port 5959.

It is possible to have a mixture of non-Discovery Server and Discovery Server clients, but communication depends on who need to talk to what, not everything will work in all cases. Best is to have all devices working with Discovery Server if you are using it.

All of this is information (and more) discussed in depth with the 'NDI and Performance Networking' NewTekU class.
    https://newtek.learnupon.com/store/8...tworking-class
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by herlsone View Post

Any tutorial at all??

Thanks
    There is a useful explainer here:
    http://sienna.tv/ndi/knowhowdiscovery.html