Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Marker Pen from DP's Rman collection

  1. #1

    Marker Pen from DP's Rman collection

    Hello
    I setup a scene with some liquid revealing itself via a morph controlled by the excellent Marker pen rom Denis.
    Now, I have a problem with the "popping" of the morph, as you can see in the video.
    I increased the marke pen samples to 1024 but It's really slow now and there is still a lot or popping.



    Any idea how this could be solved?

  2. #2
    ok, plus the mesh "jitters" as if the morph was unstable. The marker pen must keep evaluating or something like that.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    France
    Posts
    4,208
    Depends how you used the Texture in your setup, number of samples has more to do with smoothed angles,
    something else I think.

    Marker Pen is usually directly used as texture displacement and stable in this case,
    if you just use the texture as a value for your morph,
    you need to be sure it is 100% for the revealed morph,
    I mean no fuzziness from the texture, something you can
    verify by testing the texture output only, if this is the case
    you should be able to correct this.


    Denis.
    Last edited by dpont; 09-19-2020 at 12:57 AM.

  4. #4
    Thank you Denis. I used 2 null control and 2 marker pen nodes, connected with a vector clamp at the end to control the final "power".
    I did use quite a lot of fuzziness though, It seemed to fix a little the popping at the edge.
    I ended up using 4096 samples in both nodes, It does slow down a lot. I then baked a mdd ( It took soooo long) and brought It in Chronosculpt to fine tune the result.
    Far from perfect, still have a lot of little jittering all along the surface.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    France
    Posts
    4,208
    As I said increasing samples is just for smoothing curviness of the path/spline,
    I'm almost sure this has nothing to do with such popping.

    Fuzziness, if it gives that issue, this can be avoided, I think,
    if you clamp the output to 0.5 or even 0.2, then rescaling by 2 or 5 to get 1.0,
    kind of contrasting effect.

    Also a path/spline used as reference in Marker Pen, must stick/fit accurately to the surface.

    Denis.
    Last edited by dpont; 09-19-2020 at 05:59 AM.

  6. #6

    hard to say, share parts of the scene, (delete elements>package scene)

    alternative, check over at Facebook
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/lightwiki/
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LW Facebook   IKBooster   My vidz

  7. #7
    Super Member omichon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Bordeaux, FR
    Posts
    763
    Could also be a mesh density issue. Have you tried to increase the mesh resolution ?
    www.oliviermichon.fr | 3D Animation, Motion Graphics and Broadcast Design.

  8. #8
    Denis, I made the curve used to constrain the nulls in modeler using the points / vertex on the mesh Itself. I will test out more with marker pen but I'm a bit of a hurry on that job so, I ended up making a screen capture of my river mesh from the top axis, Cropping It to a square ratio, bringing It into fusion to make animated strokes B/W along the river, output a sequence that I used instead of the marker pen and It's very stable and clean even at 1024 pix res.
    Too bad, I was happy with the marker pen solution. I did use It in the past to dig holes and cracks in a terrain and It worked nicely. I guess my base mesh is too low poly, as I add displacement and subdivision later in the deformer chain.
    When this job is delivered, I will make a short video to show the idea and will try your solutions to solve the issues.

    Thank you all.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •