Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Purchasing RHNodes and RHRendering

Purchasing RHNodes and RHRendering

I'm interested in purchasing but not getting feedback from Rebel Hill. I also saw that Liberty offers some training from him but not those ones...Anyone in the same situation?
    Thanks

Sadly it has been very quiet from Craig for a while and no one seems to know. My understanding is that LScript will be depreciated and has already broken his plugins, and apparently it is no small shakes to make Rhiggit in Python, so I could certainly understand if he found that too much hassle and just pulled out completely. There was other stuff, like someone mentioned an accident and a recovery period. Hopefully he will reappear, but no one knows... Most of all I hope he is well wherever he is - top guy, is missed...

The lscript depreciation that may or may not happen (everything being up in the air currently it seems) should Not affect Craig’s tutorials. That said, a good deal has changed in lightwave since the nodal tutorial was made, so you may be able to make do with whatever you can find online. The general concepts have remained the same even if a lot of the specifics have changed, and maybe what you can find online can get you started. unfortunately it seems that he is no longer actively selling his products.

In absence of feedback from Craig, make use of his free introduction videos on YouTube.

You can also benefit from this training that was freely released: http://probiner.xyz/20101/01/lwnodalsetups/

Some of this is limited to old LW versions but the core knowledge is always useful for the future.
    LW4, 7.5D, 2015, 2018, 2019, 2020 running portably on a USB drive.
    Active LW Development in 2020: DB&W | Deep FX | DPont | LWCAD | TrueArt | ...

Quote Originally Posted by raymondtrace View Post
    In absence of feedback from Craig, make use of his free introduction videos on YouTube.

You can also benefit from this training that was freely released: http://probiner.xyz/20101/01/lwnodalsetups/

Some of this is limited to old LW versions but the core knowledge is always useful for the future.
    Agreed, it isn't quite as "comprehensive" as RH's Nodes training, but it still covers a LOT, and teaches certain key aspects of how to approach different tasks using nodes.

That said, if you can afford it, might be worth just tossing the money to RH for the Nodes tutorial. Historically he's eventually satisfied (most) recent orders, though sometimes it's taken quite a few weeks.

It'd be quite a shame for LW community to lose all access to the RH tutorial content, as ALL his tutorials were comprehensive and really well put-together. If he has departed LW commercial third-party-dom, hopefully he'll strongly consider releasing his tutorial content/library on YouTube or such.
    John W.
    LW2015.3UB/2019.1.5 on MacPro(12C/24T/10.13.6),64GB RAM, NV 980ti

Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post
    I wonder who on the LW team is a fan of the Cranberries playlist and if there's a subtle nod to anything with the choice of song.
    LW4, 7.5D, 2015, 2018, 2019, 2020 running portably on a USB drive.
    Active LW Development in 2020: DB&W | Deep FX | DPont | LWCAD | TrueArt | ...

Quote Originally Posted by raymondtrace View Post
    I wonder who on the LW team is a fan of the Cranberries playlist and if there's a subtle nod to anything with the choice of song.
    ...must admit i was a bit puzzled by that one.  
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LW Facebook   IKBooster   My vidz

Hi guys, thanks for gertting back. I have already checked his free ones as this is the reason why im interested in the paying part
    I hope he is ok and getting back on track soon.
    All the best!

Were you ever able to reach Craig at Rebel Hill? I am also quite interested in the Lighting, Shading and Rendering 2018 tutorials.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparx3D View Post
    Were you ever able to reach Craig at Rebel Hill? I am also quite interested in the Lighting, Shading and Rendering 2018 tutorials.
    In the last 24 hours someone asked this very thing on the Book of Faces, and Kat said numerous attempts to contact Craig were all blank. Hope he's okay.

Emailed him but no answer....still pending to be replied....

Yeah, that was me. I really want to order his training series that covers Lighting, Surfacing and Rendering. It doesn't look like that is going to happen.

Yes, there is a lifetime of wisdom in his courses. He has a natural gift of cutting through the b.s. while giving useful theoretical information at the same time. For the LSR course, the course as I see it is divided into two sections, one is the Foundations Section, which is 13 chapters, and that's the one he posted for free on his YT channel. Then there is the Tools section and is 56 chapters long. What you are paying for is his take on things that are already in the manual, but like I said, he has a talent for simplifying while going in depth at the same time. For instance, for finding the right color space in LW, he says you can Press D, go to CS, then choose the sRGB Preset, and that will cover you 95% of the time. But then he also explains what color space is and how it works in LW. So yeah, he will be missed if he's gone. He's gotta a gift that's for sure.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast