Thread: Remote teleprompter quandary

Remote teleprompter quandary

We are building a TC2 Elite studio with one local in-studio host and lots of remote guests via zoom. The problem we are trying to tackle right now is how to send a teleprompter feed from the studio back to remote guests with low latency. Is there a way to send an NDI (or whatever) teleprompter feed to remote guest without them having to install and configure a bunch of extra software? We aren't married to using zoom, but whatever platform we use needs to be compatible with Live call connect obviously. Any ideas?

You could feed back the LiveStory Creator Teleprompter back as the Live Call Connect return. This would have the latency of the meeting software round trip.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by kanep View Post
    You could feed back the LiveStory Creator Teleprompter back as the Live Call Connect return. This would have the latency of the meeting software round trip.

But then the remote guest would not be able to see program feed correct?

You could send them a M/E with program and teleprompter or change the output as needed. The return is whatever you put on MIX1. If they reading, are the going to need (want) to see program video?
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

You could send them a M/E with program and teleprompter or change the output as needed. The return is whatever you put on MIX1. If they reading, are the going to need (want) to see program video?

That's a great idea. One last question, if we put Zoom in side by side mode, will Live call connect still capture the individual zoom windows correctly? Thanks so much!

Live Call Connect supports capturing from a single Zoom window, putting it in dual window mode is not supported.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

I have built an emem in ME4 that has the top part of the screen with the top 4 lines of the teleprompter feed, and the bottom is a smaller 16:9 of whatever I've got punched on the me's program bus. I built automations that I can enable that will allow whoever to see "program". These automations mimic whatever I do on program on ME4.

Kane...how do you change the output to LCC? I was under the impression that you could only return Program. At least that's what I was told in a demo.

Thanks.

The return into Live Call Connect is what you have in MIX 1. It defaults as program, but whatever you put in MIX 1 will be what everyone on Live Call Connect will see.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.