Thread: The Wildfires

The Wildfires

I am hoping for our American friends to get through this safe and sound. (as if the corona virus isnīt enough)

Hope it can be contained soon.
    Not sure how many square kilometers that is burning now?

Good luck all of you, and if you are in the close area, make sure to pack your things and be ready I guess.

Thanks Prom.

Haven't heard the latest figures, but last year was record breaking & some acreage numbers I just saw were nearly TRIPLE!

This was shot yesterday ~ 7 miles from my place; didn't know it was that close other than it being really smoky & a deep saffron yellow-orange light. Finally found a decent state web site that stays current on the fires.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hA9QUDBVXlo

Some friends did have to evacuate Molalla (~ 60 mi. to the SE) but are back now & all is OK.

Ironically, I came back from SoCal about 6 mo. ago. Was having to deal with the fires the first week I was down there in Oct.

Basically, it's the entire West Coast of the US.
    Earth can't be flat otherwise cats would have pushed everything off the edge!

The Big Apexx System:
    AMD RYZEN THREADRIPPER 2990WX Processor (3.00GHz)
    64GB
    2x NVIDIA Quadro RTX 4000 8GB 32 Core

Yes Ma3rk,
    I heard it was up to record breaking areas that is burning.

We had a very little fire 650 meter from my apartment not long ago (14th of August) I heard about it from my sister calling me, she saw it on facebook, then I went out..in to the woods, carefully smelling and looking and could see some golden glowing shimmer in there, got closer and could see it all ..but from safe distance.

On a field where they put garden waste and wood chips, it took 4 fire engines only one night and early morning to put out the fire, they had been running these wood chips machines and apparently that yielded hot sparks that eventually started the fire, lucky enough that area was mostly gravel and sand beneath it all, and the surrounding forrest didnīt catch fire, if it had I may have had to evacuate, smoke was lingering on all over my area for a couple of days, so windows closed.

So image down below not from over there, but just 650 meters from my place some weeks ago..

Just a little flame compared to over there in California now, I donīt think we had any large fire in our forrest this year though, or I just missed it.

My town is surrounded by them, but they're 50 miles away at closest. it was dark at noon, the street lights were still on.

https://lostcoastoutpost.com/2020/se...ke-chokes-coa/
    shrox www.shrox.com
    -----------------------
    Heavy Metal Landing

-----------------------
    I build the best spaceships, the biggest spaceships, they're great, you'll love them.

And the smoke from the Wildfires in the Usa, has now reached northern europe.
    No danger of air quality , it is too high up in the atmosphere they say.

I havenīt felt any smell of it, itīs mostly up north now I think, but we should be able to get a little more redness in the sunsets all over sweden they say...
    though itīs been generally too cloudy over here and I havenīt been out exactly during the sunset hours.

Good news for where I live.

All Evacuation Warnings Lifted in Humboldt County

https://lostcoastoutpost.com/2020/se...ifted-for-aug/
    shrox www.shrox.com
    -----------------------
    Heavy Metal Landing

-----------------------
    I build the best spaceships, the biggest spaceships, they're great, you'll love them.

Quote Originally Posted by shrox View Post
    Good news for where I live.

All Evacuation Warnings Lifted in Humboldt County

https://lostcoastoutpost.com/2020/se...ifted-for-aug/
    Great that you and your family can feel save shrox.
    I havenīt seen much more news here about the wildfires or on CNN though, maybe I just have missed it?
    But how is it going generally in terms of putting it out?

Makes me think if this is the new standard for every other year in the future over there..or not?
    And if so, what can be done to prevent it, better forrest management? Trump was talking about that, regulary enforce humidity coverage over vast areas during the hot seasons, more aeroplans fit for
    firefighting, more people educated and ready to jump in etc?

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    Great that you and your family can feel save shrox.
    I havenīt seen much more news here about the wildfires or on CNN though, maybe I just have missed it?
    But how is it going generally in terms of putting it out?

Makes me think if this is the new standard for every other year in the future over there..or not?
    And if so, what can be done to prevent it, better forrest management? Trump was talking about that, regulary enforce humidity coverage over vast areas during the hot seasons, more aeroplans fit for
    firefighting, more people educated and ready to jump in etc?
    Trump talks like an idiot. He suggests "raking the forest floor", then threatens to cut federal funds for fighting forest fires. The fires will probably burn for weeks, a few of them for months. The biggest, the August Complex Fire is closest to me, about 45 miles away.

https://www.fire.ca.gov/incidents/
    shrox www.shrox.com
    -----------------------
    Heavy Metal Landing

-----------------------

Quote Originally Posted by shrox View Post
    Trump talks like an idiot. He suggests "raking the forest floor", then threatens to cut federal funds for fighting forest fires. The fires will probably burn for weeks, a few of them for months. The biggest, the August Complex Fire is closest to me, about 45 miles away.

https://www.fire.ca.gov/incidents/
    Well..canīt go in to politics and by forum rules itīs sensitive right now before election as well, but your views are I guess..only a couple of microns away from mine.
    But then again, he also said, trust me..it will be colder soon a comment that probably will work well the next time as well, before and during the next wildfires.

Thats what he said in some meetings when he was over there to check the wildfires and discussed with scientists etc...so itīs "just" a matter of enduring til rain or colder change arrives.

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    Well..canīt go in to politics and by forum rules itīs sensitive right now before election as well, but your views are I guess..only a couple of microns away from mine.
    But then again, he also said, trust me..it will be colder soon a comment that probably will work well the next time as well, before and during the next wildfires.

Thats what he said in some meetings when he was over there to check the wildfires and discussed with scientists etc...so itīs "just" a matter of enduring til rain or colder change arrives.
    That is why I said "talks like"...
    shrox www.shrox.com
    -----------------------
    Heavy Metal Landing

-----------------------