Thread: Mini AE2 need help to set up Ustream RTMP

Mini AE2 need help to set up Ustream RTMP

Hi all;
    I have searched the boards for this info - I do not understand what I need to do to enter a custom RTMP url and key for streaming from my TC mini.

My stream options do not include a "custom" option - and Ustream has changed its format so that option is useless to me.

What am I missing here? How do I set up a custom RTMP url and key on my min iSDI AE2 ????
    My dropdown options don't give me any clue what to do.

TC mini SDI build 5-1-19 1224C

~ And of course I am on a deadline to sort this issue. ~

Any comment is helpful.
    I have googled and searched the boards to string together some ideas and I am still confused what to do.

-Nicky in Durham

In the streaming dropdown, you should see 'New' and then 'Custom' in the second menu.

Give this Custom connection a name and fill in the information and choose the streaming bandwidth to use.

Now this new entry will appear in the list of streaming destinations, make sure it has a checkmark next to it (and nothing else does).

Click the stream button.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Thank @Kanep for the reply - I was so tired and frustrated I failed to see 'New' and 'Custom' as my answer.

The only info I have is RTMP address and the RTMP stream key and I filled it into a field that may or may not be correct but lost of the fields are blank.

how does this work without the other unfilled details such as stream site log in and password???
    I must be missing some detail about RTMP set up that is being assumed I know about. - Or maybe it is THAT easy!
    Crossing my fingers it is that easy.

Will someone share screen shots (with the numbers blurred) as an example of setting up an RTMP stream for Ustream ?
    -Nicky
    Last edited by vdmc; 09-11-2020 at 09:08 AM.

You need the URL and Stream key, but not all services need the username/password, so they might be blank.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Ustream not connection RTMP custom

Quote Originally Posted by kanep View Post
    You need the URL and Stream key, but not all services need the username/password, so they might be blank.
    This is how I entered the detail but my test failed.

I did a test with the client and the I was never able to connect using the 'custom' setting. I had to use another devide to encode and stream to an RTMP.

This seems like it should easily work. Not sure what I did wrong. Any help connection to Utream would be appreciated. I only have a URL and key no ID or password.

NEVER WORKED - has anyone been able to RTMP stream to USTREAM?

I no longer have an UStream account since IBM acquired, the free accounts went away. However, NewTek has used UStream for company internal videos in the past (we use Microsoft Stream now) so it should work.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.