Thread: Lightwave Facebook Support Group

Lightwave Facebook Support Group

Filled with negative posts regularly with trolls about Lightwaves shortcomings a ses pool of shittt instead of a place for artists to share good Lw content !

whats new? its “social” medial
    ====================================
    Threadripper 3970X / 3 x RTX 2080ti / Windows 10 x64 / 256 Gb Ram / LW2020 / LW 2015 / Modo 14 / Maya 2020 / Max 2021

Quote Originally Posted by 3dhotshot View Post
    Filled with negative posts regularly with trolls about Lightwaves shortcomings a ses pool of shittt instead of a place for artists to share good Lw content !
    because here's all sunflowers and roses,eh?

after I gave it away, the admins done a good job of maintaining, keeping morale up and negativity down... and from experience I can tell you it's not an easy thing to do.

What you are seeing now which I assume your real gripe is about, is 4 years worth of tension, lack of marketing, communication and product development exploding and spilling out.
    if you don't like the group ---leave "it's that simple".

Quote Originally Posted by 3dhotshot View Post
    Just like here

No wonder LW's in the state it's in...and yes, I do use it.

Quote Originally Posted by SpacialKatana View Post
    Just like here
    Actually, I've been pretty happy with the tone of the LW forum for going on 18 months or so. I don't expect people never to be unhappy or voice concerns. That's neither useful nor realistic. It's a question of balance, and it's been quite some times since I thought the LW forums were more negative than constructive.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    Actually, I've been pretty happy with the tone of the LW forum for going on 18 months or so. I don't expect people never to be unhappy or voice concerns. That's neither useful nor realistic. It's a question of balance, and it's been quite some times since I thought the LW forums were more negative than constructive.
    Could be because Ivé been out from the forum a lot lately
    Ergo, the less people in here, the less fights, hows that for a vibrant forum

But Sbowie, be careful and donīt give the wolfs the little finger, they may take the whole hand ..considering they may think itīs been too soft and quiet ..and need to balance the energy up a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    But Sbowie, be careful and donīt give the wolfs the little finger, they may take the whole hand ..
    I am, I'm afraid, an incurable optimist.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Actually, I've been pretty happy with the tone of the LW forum for going on 18 months or so.
    That's because the product that people are here to discussed is/was being nicely developed and revisions have been delivered. It looks like things will go south shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Parsons View Post
    That's because the product that people are here to discussed is/was being nicely developed and revisions have been delivered.
    Au contraire ... I don't think there has been remotely universal agreement that this was the case at almost any time in the last decade, as witness discord that we tolerated for probably far too long in the eyes of many. Nay, my friend, it was because we modified our tolerance level at that time.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

I am, I'm afraid, an incurable optimist.
    i really feel privileged hanging out in a forum under your supervision You always do a fantastic job..

an unattended application will make users cry.

fair? i'll let others answer, but any other logic would be more in the lines of "I wish..."
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LW Facebook   IKBooster   My vidz

Quote Originally Posted by tyrot View Post
    i really feel privileged hanging out in a forum under your supervision You always do a fantastic job..
    Something else that I'm afraid is not the subject of universal accord, but I appreciate it.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator