Thread: NDI Scan Converter and Virtual Input's running on Windows 10 System in VMware

NDI Scan Converter and Virtual Input's running on Windows 10 System in VMware

Is it possible to multiple Windows 10 Pro systems running on a VMware server connected to a TriCaster?
    Rob Safran
    Share Wisdom Network
    [email protected]

TriCaster: 460 AE
    TalkShow: VS4000
    Gnural Net CM & LTA
    VSE and LiveText
    Cameras: 2-Sony PMW-X70, Sony PXW-Z150

NDI Scan Converter has requirements of the GPU, an emulated display will probably not support that is needed. If the VM has access to a hardware accelerated GPU, then it will probably work.

NDI Virtual Input should work inside a VM, I know of people use Hyper-V and NDI Virtual Input together.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

My Green Room Windows 10 PC runs Studio Monitor and can see my VMix output just fine. However, my Hyper-V computer on the same hardware as VMix (running on the host) cannot see any inputs, even if I start a Test Pattern, except if I run Test Pattern on the Hyper-V machine.

I see you said you know of people that use Hyper-V and Virtual Input together. Can you tell me how?

I'll also mention that I had no joy when disabling the firewalls either. The Hyper-V machine simply doesn't see anything on the network.

Is the Hyper-V network interface on the same subnet as rest of the systems. I know that some VM solutions can run the VM's network what would basically be inside a NAT router, if this is the case, it will block mDNS (NDI's automatic discovery) from working.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Kane, is there any reason why Virtual Input works when running as admin, but not as a local user?

Ok, it's privacy settings in local user accounts in windows that need to be changed. You need to turn on privacy access to both camera and mic

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	webcam.PNG 
Views:	22 
Size:	52.5 KB 
ID:	148746