Page 53 of 74 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Thread: What is Happening with LW?

Quote Originally Posted by BeeVee View Post
    By the way, just because not all the names have been crossed out it doesn't mean there's anyone still developing LightWave. The other people in that engineering team have been deployed elsewhere.

B
    Well I guess that's it then. Lightwave is dead under its current ownership.

Hopefully Vizrt will see the light and sell the IP ASAP before it loses anymore of its value.
    Tim Parsons

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Parsons View Post

Hopefully Vizrt will see the light and sell the IP ASAP before it loses anymore of its value.
    Seems that way, also explains some other people's comments and moving on.

Not sure anyone would really want LightWave IP now, that ship has probably sailed if it was ever really an option.
    Dell XPS 15
    15.6-inch (3840 x 2160) 4K 282ppi IPS LCD
    Intel i7 7700HQ 2.8GHz
    Windows 10 64Bit
    NVidia GeForce GTX 1050
    1TB SDD
    32Gb Ram

LightWave 2020

Very nice Laptop

By the way, just because not all the names have been crossed out it doesn't mean there's anyone still developing LightWave. The other people in that engineering team have been deployed elsewhere.

B
    Maybe with this sad statement, people will finally understand

Well we knew people had been redeployed, Matt Gorner has not worked on LW UI in some time.
    Dell XPS 15
    Intel i7 7700HQ 2.8GHz
    Windows 10 64Bit
    NVidia GeForce GTX 1050
    1TB SDD
    32Gb Ram

LightWave 2020

Very nice Laptop

In your NewTek user profile - where you go to download the software.

B
    I guess this is only for LW 2020. I'm using 2019 myself and don't have a downloadable .pdf available on my NewTek profile page. Any chance of getting one for 2019 and maybe 2018 as well? There are a lot of older version users as well afterall, even 2015 users still. If not it's ok, but just tought I'd ask. And thank you for your great work with the documentation.

I guess there is always hope and anything could happen but it looks like this is probably the end of development at least for now especially if Deuce is done at the end of the year. Sad times but I will continue to use Lightwave for the foreseeable future.
    Threadripper 2990WX, X399 MSI MEG Creation, 64GB 2400Mhz RAM, GTX 1070 Ti 8GB

https://www.dynamicrenderings.com/

I would have liked to at least see a final point release that addresses some show-stopping bugs introduced with the 2020.0.2 build (mostly the UI soft-locking if you open any panel in a production scene and hit play).

For now, I do hope (but doubt) that Vzrt considers selling the IP, as I know there are number of companies that would benefit from having a 3d development platform that is entirely under their control.
    Professional-level 3d training: Ryan's Lightwave Learning
    Plugin Developer: RR Tools for Lightwave

Quote Originally Posted by Nicolas Jordan View Post
    I guess there is always hope and anything could happen but it looks like this is probably the end of development at least for now especially if Deuce is done at the end of the year. Sad times but I will continue to use Lightwave for the foreseeable future.
    So will i, still life in it yet, XSI users are still in abundance some years after it EOL, not that I'm comparing XSI to LW.
    Dell XPS 15
    Intel i7 7700HQ 2.8GHz
    Windows 10 64Bit
    NVidia GeForce GTX 1050
    1TB SDD
    32Gb Ram

LightWave 2020

Very nice Laptop

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Roye View Post
    I would have liked to at least see a final point release that addresses some show-stopping bugs introduced with the 2020.0.2 build (mostly the UI soft-locking if you open any panel in a production scene and hit play).

For now, I do hope (but doubt) that Vzrt considers selling the IP, as I know there are number of companies that would benefit from having a 3d development platform that is entirely under their control.
    It would be nice, i just don't see it. Also if vizRT do have future plans for LW, that will take time, money and devs. I'm not sure what comes out at the other end would interest me and still have a decent price point. I'm always wary of companies who don't put their prices on their website, it usually means expensive.
    Dell XPS 15
    Intel i7 7700HQ 2.8GHz
    Windows 10 64Bit
    NVidia GeForce GTX 1050
    1TB SDD
    32Gb Ram

LightWave 2020

Very nice Laptop

That's that then. End of an era.

Well I guess that's it then. Lightwave is dead under its current ownership. ...
    Yes, but...

It has not gone down without a fight with support from those on the front lines. Thanks to the dev team that stuck with it until they were discharged. ...And don't forget the devs still offering updates to their tools (within the past weeks and even days): DBW, TrueArt, Denis Pontonnier.
    LW4, 7.5D, 2015, 2018, 2019, 2020 running portably on a USB drive.
    Active LW Development in 2020: DB&W | Deep FX | DPont | LWCAD | TrueArt | ...

Newtek key developer and programmers flying to Otoy/Octane...as Lino isn't the only one, Can you imagine Otoy purchasing Lightwave 3D( I heard a rumour some years ago) from vizRT and keep developing it under Lino, Antii, and so many other important key people for Lightwave 3D? anyone buying it?

Stuck in a very big cube Waves of light's Avatar
    I don't seem to be able to edit my profile. I can change all the details but I'm assuming what should be a save button at the bottom of the page is not there.

B
    I'd heard you'd gone (from another source). Really sorry matey. The online docs and PDFs really developed under you. It was nice to actually meet you in person and I will never forget that crazy game of pool, when you used a walking crutch to play your shots!

Hope you have something planned for the future mate.

Regards,

Ricky (RSL Designs)
    Last edited by Waves of light; 10-06-2020 at 10:39 AM.

Systen Spec: i7 4930k (OC @4.5ghz),ASUS p9x79 MB, 32GB Ballistix RAM, H60 cooling, Samsung SSD 120GB, WD 1TB

The whole Otoy buying LW im not sure about, I've seen some say they wanted to a few years ago and others say they had no real interest. Moot point now really if they were interested then im not sure they would be now.
    Dell XPS 15
    Intel i7 7700HQ 2.8GHz
    Windows 10 64Bit
    NVidia GeForce GTX 1050
    1TB SDD
    32Gb Ram

LightWave 2020

Very nice Laptop

Stuck in a very big cube Waves of light's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnMarchant View Post
    The whole Otoy buying LW im not sure about, I've seen some say they wanted to a few years ago and others say they had no real interest. Moot point now really if they were interested then im not sure they would be now.
    Let me just post this one last time, so that people understand. Otoy no longer want to buy LW. That ship has sailed. NT loss, is now Otoy's gain... with some really talented people going over to a company that has a really strong development program and a ROADMAP!

Over to you Vizrt. Let's see what 2021 brings.

Systen Spec: i7 4930k (OC @4.5ghz),ASUS p9x79 MB, 32GB Ballistix RAM, H60 cooling, Samsung SSD 120GB, WD 1TB

Page 53 of 74 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast