Page 55 of 74 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast

Thread: What is Happening with LW?

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    Again, itīs about trust and two way communication..I wonīt spend time on feature requests if I am suspecting my request is just a black hole, no chance of ever getting back as investigated.

The only ones that can answer this good enough, is newtek/vizrt themself, and since they declared quite strongly they do not do that..it leaves every customer in the dark, and in effect potentionally very harmful for any eventual development they actually may have.

Doubts or speculations from users as for what use the feature request has...really doesnīt matter.
    Agreed, it's a two-way street and it's been a one-way street for far too long now.
    Dell XPS 15
    15.6-inch (3840 x 2160) 4K 282ppi IPS LCD
    Intel i7 7700HQ 2.8GHz
    Windows 10 64Bit
    NVidia GeForce GTX 1050
    1TB SDD
    32Gb Ram

LightWave 2020

Very nice Laptop

Do you need LW 2020 to get the pdf of the wiki? I'm still on 2019, and I don't see a download link for it. Can someone post it on here?

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    ...I wonīt spend time on feature requests if I am suspecting my request is just a black hole, no chance of ever getting back as investigated....
    Absolutely. I won't be submitting reports a year from now if Vizrt hasn't made any movement.

Even though I've kept my license up-to-date, I've understood LW has been in hospice care for years. That never kept me from reporting. I've still submitted and had dialog on bug reports.
    LW4, 7.5D, 2015, 2018, 2019, 2020 running portably on a USB drive.
    Active LW Development in 2020: DB&W | Deep FX | DPont | LWCAD | TrueArt | ...

Quote Originally Posted by wingzeta View Post
    Do you need LW 2020 to get the pdf of the wiki? I'm still on 2019, and I don't see a download link for it. Can someone post it on here?
    Yes i think you do, there is no download link on the 2019 update.
    Dell XPS 15
    Intel i7 7700HQ 2.8GHz
    Windows 10 64Bit
    NVidia GeForce GTX 1050
    1TB SDD
    32Gb Ram

LightWave 2020

Very nice Laptop

That means there is no documentation available for 2018-19 if the site goes down. It would be nice if those were made available too. With BeeVee no longer there, I don't know who would be able to do it though. DB? I hope Vizrt sells it soon. They will never get more money for it as time passes. I looks like they are only keeping a handful of employees, so why not sell it, while it still has value?

I would imagine Ben is the only one that could sort that out.
    Dell XPS 15
    Intel i7 7700HQ 2.8GHz
    Windows 10 64Bit
    NVidia GeForce GTX 1050
    1TB SDD
    32Gb Ram

LightWave 2020

Very nice Laptop

Quote Originally Posted by wingzeta View Post
    That means there is no documentation available for 2018-19 if the site goes down. It would be nice if those were made available too. With BeeVee no longer there, I don't know who would be able to do it though. DB? I hope Vizrt sells it soon. They will never get more money for it as time passes. I looks like they are only keeping a handful of employees, so why not sell it, while it still has value?
    There is a software to download online websites for fully offline viewing (for personal use) called HTTrack Website Copier.
    https://www.httrack.com/

I had very good luck with it on a simpler tutorial site of text and embedded images, but I'm not sure if it would do a more complex site like the docs, or the exact settings required (to get the subpages, etc), but might be worth a try..

Quote Originally Posted by TheLexx View Post
    There is a software to download online websites for fully offline viewing (for personal use) called HTTrack Website Copier.
    https://www.httrack.com/...
    If using this, be certain to use the rules posted here, or else you will download a lot of useless crap, and make it difficult for others to access the server.
    LW4, 7.5D, 2015, 2018, 2019, 2020 running portably on a USB drive.
    Active LW Development in 2020: DB&W | Deep FX | DPont | LWCAD | TrueArt | ...

I thought the documentation was included within the application.
    When you go to the help button it opens an off-line browser to display.....?
    Mac Pro (2010) OSX 10.14 RX580 Pulse LW2020 CSculpt NMotion
    (plugins: LWCad 2020, TFD 1443, Syflex 2018, StarPro 2020, ExrTrader 2020, Ubercam 2.0, Daz Mocap, DP Light 2020, Quadpanels 1.5)

We all knew it was coming but it’s still sad. I can’t understand why they wouldn’t sell it if it’s of no value to them though.

Quote Originally Posted by Daphne View Post
    We all knew it was coming but it’s still sad. I can’t understand why they wouldn’t sell it if it’s of no value to them though.
    The rumored reason is because they wanted to keep most of the Lightwave dev team to deploy on other software development and were afraid that if they sold Lightwave the dev team would leave to continue to work on Lightwave with the new owners of the software. This is only a rumor but it makes sense to me.
    Threadripper 2990WX, X399 MSI MEG Creation, 64GB 2400Mhz RAM, GTX 1070 Ti 8GB

https://www.dynamicrenderings.com/

Since the Bug Reporting and Feature Request pages are still running, can you track activity on a report or request? If so, IS there any?

Quote Originally Posted by paulk View Post
    Since the Bug Reporting and Feature Request pages are still running, can you track activity on a report or request? If so, IS there any?
    i would guess they would run and be supported until Deuce picks up his hat for the very last time, Late December 2020.
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LW Facebook   IKBooster   My vidz

Quote Originally Posted by BeeVee View Post
    I can confirm that NewTek "let me go" on the 20th of August. I made sure there's a PDF of the wiki in my notice period in case NT decides to also shut the wiki down. I would encourage everyone to download it. It's not perfect by any means because the export procedure didn't like that I use a heading for captions but it should all be there - bar the animgifs or example files (get them while you can).
    Very sorry to hear, you were the most communicative LW person.

Thank you very much Ben, the PDF look good enough for me, great work with all the documentation and providing it as offline file!

A change can also be a great opportunity - I wish you all the best!

Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post
    i would guess they would run and be supported until Deuce picks up his hat for the very last time, Late December 2020.
    So, submit a bug or freature request on January 03, 2020, and see if you get a 404?

Page 55 of 74 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast