Page 41 of 76 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Thread: What is Happening with LW?

Agreed.

At least we all agree that something should be done, somewhere.

LW vidz   DPont donate   LW Facebook   IKBooster   My vidz

Quote Originally Posted by Cageman View Post
    Cinema 4D is rental only and cost a lot of money... VizRT owns LightWave that has one of the better bridges to Unreal Engine among all DCC apps.... you make the connection...
    Edit: removed old discussion... I should read dates before responding *shameful*

Anyway, I certainly hope they integrate with UE4.. I've been talking about that for years now.
    Last edited by MichaelT; 09-14-2020 at 04:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post
    Support in terms of 1000+ LightWave videos should count for something, no?
    And excactly how many developers do you get for those?

Mr. Positive

You win all the Battles, don't you.

Sorry, you are right, I go cry in corner now, ah. the shame.

Vacant, pretty vacant pinkmouse's Avatar
    Newtek is not a charity. They are a commercial enterprise. If they want to make LW a profitable product, they have to provide what users want, so they buy it. That could be features, bug fixes, roadmaps, or all of the above plus whatever else matters to that customer.

Supporting them regardless of what they do is quite possibly a factor in why LW is in the place it is today.
    Al
    "I conceive of nothing, in religion, science or philosophy, that is more than the proper thing to wear, for a while." Charles Fort

My Website
    My Lightwave Tutorials

Supporting them regardless of what they do is quite possibly a factor in why LW is in the place it is today.
    Yes, sounds reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post
    Sorry, you are right, I go cry in corner now, ah. the shame.
    Think it was earlier on in this thread (might been another thread) that someone argued that he had purchased the right to complain. For all the fuzz you make, Mr. 1000+ Ytube videoes and 22000 posts, you can hardly argue the same? Must be the way I was brought up but I would not feel particulary entitled to be very vocal about a software I had not supported finacially for 7+ years (Was 11.6 even a paid upgrade? Have upgraded since 9.2 so it's all a big blur to me)
    Just find it a bit amusing....
    Last edited by Wickedpup; 09-14-2020 at 07:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkmouse View Post
    Newtek is not a charity. They are a commercial enterprise. If they want to make LW a profitable product, they have to provide what users want, so they buy it. That could be features, bug fixes, roadmaps, or all of the above plus whatever else matters to that customer.

You are quite possibly right.
    Dell XPS 15
    15.6-inch (3840 x 2160) 4K 282ppi IPS LCD
    Intel i7 7700HQ 2.8GHz
    Windows 10 64Bit
    NVidia GeForce GTX 1050
    1TB SDD
    32Gb Ram

LightWave 2020

Very nice Laptop

LW Watcher
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickedpup View Post
    Think it was earlier on in this thread (might been another thread) that someone argued that he had purchased the right to complain. For all the fuzz you make, Mr. 1000+ Ytube videoes and 22000 posts, you can hardly argue the same? Must be the way I was brought up but I would not feel particulary entitled to be very vocal about a software I had not supported finacially for 7+ years (Was 11.6 even a paid upgrade? Have upgraded since 9.2 so it's all a big blur to me)
    Just find it a bit amusing....
    I don't think how much you pay makes an opinion or post more or less relevant or valuable.

You can post a dumb comment having bought every LW release or a true insight having bought one.

You can even argue that the people who didn't buy all the releases have a more relevant opinion because something about the releases didn't make them get their money out.
    Last edited by pauland; 09-14-2020 at 08:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    I don't think how much you pay makes an opinion or post more or less relevant or valuable.
    Sure it does. If that post or opinion is related to knowledge or experience with a version the poster do not own or use, it obviously colors your perception of it. As in the difference between an advice from someone experienced or not...
    Last edited by Wickedpup; 09-14-2020 at 09:22 AM.

You've all lost the point of this thread. If Newtek had given its users the product updates and features they wanted instead of what Newtek decided they should want, everyone would have kept paying for upgrades and this entire situation would not have occurred. Software, when it comes down to it, is a service industry. When service is bad, customers go somewhere else. That's the companies fault, not that of the customer.

Quote Originally Posted by ELinder View Post
    You've all lost the point of this thread. If Newtek had given its users the product updates and features they wanted instead of what Newtek decided they should want, everyone would have kept paying for upgrades and this entire situation would not have occurred. Software, when it comes down to it, is a service industry. When service is bad, customers go somewhere else. That's the companies fault, not that of the customer.
    Agreed and several are already.
    Dell XPS 15
    Intel i7 7700HQ 2.8GHz
    Windows 10 64Bit
    NVidia GeForce GTX 1050
    1TB SDD
    32Gb Ram

LightWave 2020

Very nice Laptop

I've seen several mergers in my life. Most of them didn't end well for the ones being bought. Key members leave because of new management/visions/politics.
    If Vizrt truly believed in LW, they would've posted something right after they bought Newtek with a global vision or future concept.

I didn't pay for 2020, the first time since 5.6 or so.

Does Autodesk tell their user base everything people are asking of Newtek?

If it was up to me, I wouldn't tell yall nothn until the new features were out of the Beta Phase.

As far as a roadmap, someone is always gonna be mad they aren't getting the feature they want.
    Trying to please everyone is a bad way to run a business (imo).

From listening to others, one thing Newtek could do is make LightWave more accessible to programers/plugin creators.
    could take a lot of things off their plate. And if they have financial backing they can just buyout popular plugins or get creative with the terms of use.
    Last edited by VonBon; 09-14-2020 at 10:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by COBRASoft View Post
    I've seen several mergers in my life. Most of them didn't end well for the ones being bought. Key members leave because of new management/visions/politics.
    If Vizrt truly believed in LW, they would've posted something right after they bought Newtek with a global vision or future concept.

I didn't pay for 2020, the first time since 5.6 or so.
    Agreed and even if they do have a vision for LightWave, im not convinced i would share that vision, the time it would take to realise it, and of course the cost/licensing.

I think this is the reason some are moving on, because maybe they are seeing the writing on the wall.
    Dell XPS 15
    Intel i7 7700HQ 2.8GHz
    Windows 10 64Bit
    NVidia GeForce GTX 1050
    1TB SDD
    32Gb Ram

LightWave 2020

Very nice Laptop

Page 41 of 76 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast