Page 40 of 75 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Thread: What is Happening with LW?

Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post
    I've stopped caring about VizRT/NT statements (as of this year) since i find them utterly unprofessional.

People give up when treated like their worth is Zero,
    that's why you see an army of LightWave users right now moving over to other apps.

To many this VizRT "communication" was the last straw.
    Every single last LW user afaict. Last of the tutorial makers on youtube: lightwave vids, lightwave vids, lightwave to blender vid, blender vids, blender vids, blender vids...

The Otoy offer has now nothing to do with Lino tho'
    Since Lino have stated other places his "opinions".
    (not going into detail, but the offer from OTOY was back in 2017 or so)

There is also another guy who looked into buying LightWave.

But should be damn clear now to everyone (not going into that discussion again) that VizRT wants the LW code themselves, for misc reasons.

I've stopped caring about VizRT/NT statements (as of this year) since i find them utterly unprofessional.

People give up when treated like their worth is Zero,
    that's why you see an army of LightWave users right now moving over to other apps.

To many this VizRT "communication" was the last straw.

I'll be using LightWave for things still, but after so many years with B* communication, people lose their trust in a company.

Hope this message was clear enough.
    I'll end it with that.

Aha..so that was so long ago, and for Lino, no one can or should speak for him of course, but he did mentioned (in other forums) that he couldnīt see himself go back and use lightwave though, ever again..which I finda bit peculiar that he doesnīt find anything in there to hold on to and use, but the other software seem to do the trick for him completly, so he seem to have adapted very well to what he prefer to use right now.

As for trust, yes..that is something for Newtek/and Vizrt o analyze the current reactions of, and make their decisions, for development transparency will probably not change a thing if they consider revealing isnīt gonna be a better option, and especially not in reference to their experience previously.
    We are many that have voiced our concerns in here, so at least they have record of how it is perceived.

Itīs their choice, and I accept it, as they have to accept and should not in the near future be surprised when people will have distrust , And Newtek also of course have have to accept my choice to distrust.

Personally I can not buy in to any explainations of, itīs a standard among companies ..or something like that, to not reveal or discuss development.
    Whoīs wrong or right..doesnīt really matter if the trust fails drasticly..when things are so diametrical in what a customer expect and what a company has as a policy...from what I suspect, itīs not going to end well.

Give and take, in balance.
    Customer care

but..they can do something drasticly to counter this..if they still wantīs to keep development discussion policy tight, it would require.

1. a change of the development discussion policy, which doesnīt necessary mean revealing everything or giving road maps, but still making sure customers will get proper current status and intention.

2. get programmers of great skills, and that can stay with the company a while, and make sure a Lightwave release has something extraordinary in feature set, or overcome old obstacles.

Thatīs Two suggestions, pick one..or ensure both is cooking in the soup for a better taste.

Previously, I absolutely hated Blender. With all of this craziness I decided to take another look and I gotta say 2.9 is much better. (Except the viewport...that doesn't make sense, but maybe I just haven't figured it out yet).
    Sadly, I kinda think this may actually be the end for Lightwave. But even if it isn't, the communication is terrible and has pushed me away.

Edit: Well maybe it's not so bad: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSm-cq7zd2s
    Last edited by Schwyhart; 09-13-2020 at 07:35 PM.
    MacBook Pro
    2.9 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i9
    32GB 2400 MHz DDR4
    Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536Mb

to some I might be over reacting, but definitely something not too cool is going on.

David Ikeda - gone
    Lino - gone
    Rob - gone
    Mark Granger - gone
    Matt Gorner (gone from LW UX/UI last time i checked)
    Antti - gone just now
    John Tindall - gone just now
    Dave Vrba - gone just now

Other LW developers are being moved

So more than a simple rumor, I could add other not too cool info, I won't, not sure why I have to explain why a Tsunami is coming.
    the name of the Tsunami? Not sure, but i wonder what will be left.

But I really shouldn't write this, since from now on all that really counts is LightWave 2021.
    While Oliver Hotz probably wasnīt considered to be in the LW team, persons like that leaving, and some artist also changing gears like Chris Jones, within these time ranges isnīt
    encouraging either.

When all these things "seem to happen at once almost" or at least within 1-2 years, I think there is a need to be a bit more open about whatīs going on, VS that unflexible policy they have.

Anyway..you simple do not want a "mass extinction" or more precise, Mass emigration... fleeing devs, artists..and the end customers.

Wish they could put on other glasses, and talk about it more, and re-direct the speculations to something more interesting, then again..if they do not have something more interesting to show, new glasses wonīt help, which may or may not explain it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Schwyhart View Post
    Previously, I absolutely hated Blender. With all of this craziness I decided to take another look and I gotta say 2.9 is much better. (Except the viewport...that doesn't make sense, but maybe I just haven't figured it out yet).
    Sadly, I kinda think this may actually be the end for Lightwave. But even if it isn't, the communication is terrible and has pushed me away.

Since I have my frustrations on that, I would like to hear what you have to say about that and if it is similar to what I also donīt think make sense, but I donīt think that is appropiate in these forums, you could send me a private message, or start a discussion on blenderartist.org, or jump in to the dedicated threads over there.

the communication is terrible and has pushed me away.
    You are probably...Probably the only one, they have nothing to worry about.

I forgot, itīs not mainly the viewport handling (except for the quad view handling which is horrible)
    One thing that made me a bit frustrated with the later blender versions, that is the choice of mantaflow, which I do not fully appreciated, much more difficult to simulate and get feedback and responsiveness with, compared to the older fluid engine.

So not all Glory and sunshine for the recent versions, unless the latest 2.93 version have made some serious advancements on the mantaflow engine.

So..here is where the Lw team need to take advantage of things like that, as for a payed 3D tool actually providing a more reliable and faster in sim speed capability, and simply include something like jawsets TFD, included in the lw license and not more.
    Just buy the darn thing

Well, donīt think that is possible..but lw could use a native fluid engine that is a bit more ahead than the blender one, the VDB gas solver isnīt there yet, while interesting in terms of what it May be able to acheive.

And why do I get in to this again..discussing development when I said I shouldnīt, sigh..abstinence.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLexx View Post
    Pity to see a user like you down though.
    As far as I remember Erikals is still using version 11.6.

Is that correct Erikals?

Yes, waiting for Modeler updates.
    GPU implementation.

~15 years ago --- last >Real< Modeler update
    ~15 years ago --- Jay Roth said GPU rendering would be implemented

I would course have upgraded to 2019 if it wasn't for my lousy Econo situation. Just for the heck of it.

and you are using... ?
    Last edited by erikals; 09-14-2020 at 12:56 AM.
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LW Facebook   IKBooster   My vidz

Quote Originally Posted by jwiede View Post
    The goal posts are already moving from delivering bug fixes to get LW2020's broken renderer working, now to their delivering LW2021?
    sure, hopefully they can fix that even tho both of the Render guys are now gone.

not saying it won't happen, just saying, don't get your hopes up on this one.

GPU implementation.

~15 years ago --- last >Real< Modeler update
    ~15 years ago --- Jay Roth said GPU rendering would be implemented

I would have course upgraded to 2019 if it wasn't for my lousy Econo situation. Just for the heck of it.

and you are using... ?
    Thanks for confirming Erikals.

Yes, no Modeler improvements worth talking about since 11.6 I agree.

Edit: sorry, missed the last bit. Using LW 2020 (upgraded every release since buying 11.5).
    Last edited by Marander; 09-14-2020 at 12:26 AM.

I would course have upgraded to 2019 if it wasn't for my lousy Econo situation.
    So waving the NT flag for all those years.....without backing them financially. That is priceless...
    Last edited by Wickedpup; 09-14-2020 at 01:55 AM.

Support in terms of 1000+ LightWave videos should count for something, no?

200 of those being plugin previews.

Nah, worth nothing, guess I should pull them down, with a special thanks to "Wickedpup"

What is you real name anyway?...
    Last edited by erikals; 09-14-2020 at 02:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wickedpup View Post
    So waving the NT flag for all those years.....without backing them financially. That is priceless...
    I consider that a wise move.

-----------------------------------------------
    Thoughts - 2 cents - unpopular opinion

Sly change in thread title, nice damage control.
    and De-Listing is marketing speech, I get the funny suspicion Deuce never wrote that blog post.

let's focus somewhat on truths rather than speculation, although there's some that suffer from severe stockholm syndrome.

Education, how many LightWave seats / courses are being taught using LightWave? enough to justify charging for an educational licence ... doubt it
    Plugin and 3rd Party developers ... "I can count on one hand these days"
    Professional / commercial tutorials ...none
    Marketing LW via any communication methods ... none
    Forum Artwork and Thumbnails ... none
    Developers who can fix the render engine... none
    Developers working on modeler ... none
    people pissed off at NT ... priceless

at this point id say call it a day until
    something real eventuates

Page 40 of 75 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast