Page 58 of 76 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast

Thread: What is Happening with LW?

Quote Originally Posted by raymondtrace View Post
    I suspect the issue is the ambiguity of "support". "Support" could mean either software patches/updates or user instruction/assistance. Absence of the former is what scares users and provokes speculation.
    Probably - however: The post I replied to specifically stated "and I'm supposedly are to believe the story that there will still be patches to the product and updates?" (underlining mine). That's the context of my response.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    ....(....there is much less famous - in this group - NewTek software which has been considerably more profitable than LW for many years now).
    The suspense. Which upstart software would that be ? A version of Speededit in the Tricaster ?

Quote Originally Posted by TheLexx View Post
    The suspense. Which upstart software would that be ? A version of Speededit in the Tricaster ?
    I wasn't referring to anything specific, new or old (I will say, no SE news, no - sorry). Nor will I, though I'm sure I could name a number of relatively obscure candidates. Whatever - I am 100% confident no-one at NewTek is feverishly watching LW sales while rubbing their hands together a la Monty Burns. As a personal aside, I'd say LW has been more of a love story than a typical business proposition. If it should ever move to other hands, I would dearly hope that would continue to be the case.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

An entirely reasonable assumption, unless they live in a cave.
    If I didn’t participate in this forum, I would be none the wiser of the situation (whatever it actually is...).
    I have never investigated a software company before buying anything.
    Mac Pro (2010) OSX 10.14 RX580 Pulse LW2020
    (plugins: LWCad 2020, TFD 1443, Syflex 2018, StarPro 2020, ExrTrader 2020, Ubercam 2.0, Daz Mocap, DP Light 2020, Quadpanels 1.5)

Quote Originally Posted by Markc View Post
    If I didn’t participate in this forum, I would be none the wiser of the situation (whatever it actually is...).
    But you do; and most others in the field do have some toehold on the realities in which they dabble, by various means.

Quote Originally Posted by Markc View Post
    I have never investigated a software company before buying anything.
    I find myself wondering whether you wrote that sentence very carefully, to restrict it to "a software company". Perhaps not, but otherwise, you may have a glamorous future in the exciting realm of marketing!
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

there can still be parches / bug fixes.

if Deuce and a few others are working on LightWave until the end of 2020.

after that... well...
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LW Facebook   IKBooster   My vidz

Quote Originally Posted by MauricioPC View Post
    ... it does feel a lot like Autodesk saying the future of Softimage was bright.
    Anyone confidently predicting a "bright" future just now would require a blindingly sunny level of optimism, approaching the surreal.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

Anyone confidently predicting a "bright" future just now would require a blindingly sunny level of optimism, approaching the surreal.
    Oops..that was gloomy, but considering the general world situation..which affects everyone, as well as businesses..you have a point.

Quote Originally Posted by BeeVee View Post
    In your NewTek user profile - where you go to download the software.

B
    Thanks, Ben! Appreciate the PDF, and all the incredible effort through the years!

Quote Originally Posted by MauricioPC View Post
    it does feel a lot like Autodesk saying the future of Softimage was bright. We all know how that ended.
    The big difference there is that Autodesk would never consider letting the IP go for fear of it competing with their other DCC's. At least LW has an outside chance of moving to another home because its the red headed stepchild in the Vizrt portfolio of products.
    Tim Parsons

Looks like Chuck is back to console us in our time of mourning.
    Tim Parsons

thanks Chuck, for bearing with us through the years.

ups, edit; "baring"
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LW Facebook   IKBooster   My vidz

The Chuck ? Great to hear from you again. A fresh hot piping one for you , albeit virtual..and hope you are keeping well. Thanks for everything..

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckBaker View Post
    Thanks, Ben! Appreciate the PDF, and all the incredible effort through the years!
    I also appreciate Ben's great work over the years but could I take this opportunity to thank you Chuck for your inimitable and irreplaceable contributions to Lightwave and the Lightwave community over the years when you worked for Newtek. Things haven't been the same around here since you quietly retired. Nice to see you popping back
    Kevin F Stubbs

Remember...one size does NOT fit all

Quote Originally Posted by qexit View Post
    i also appreciate ben's great work over the years but could i take this opportunity to thank you chuck for your inimitable and irreplaceable contributions to lightwave and the lightwave community over the years when you worked for newtek. Things haven't been the same around here since you quietly retired. Nice to see you popping back
    qfa!
    John W.
    LW2015.3UB/2019.1.5 on MacPro(12C/24T/10.13.6),64GB RAM, NV 980ti

Page 58 of 76 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast