Page 74 of 84 FirstFirst ... 24647273747576 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 1257

Thread: What is Happening with LW?

Just to stir the soup, if there IS a bug fix at some point, will you --

• Upgrade, if only to give VizRT encouragement?
    • Give it a hard pass if it doesn't have Bug X fixed?

This is regardless of any pricing structure.

Isn't bug fixes or as they call it patches 0.0.X free ?

So if is free and it fixes ANY bug what would be reason of NOT upgrading to that version ?
    RAM-Studio
    WS - Dual Xeon E5-2698v4/128GB/Win10x64/4xRTX 2080Ti
    My LWM Video Car Modeling Tutorial

LW vidz   DPont donate   LW Facebook   IKBooster   My vidz

Bugfixes should be free, however, if they release a LW 2021 just to fix bugs then it will get a pass from me. There would not be enough in any release to make me want to upgrade.
    Dell XPS 15
    15.6-inch (3840 x 2160) 4K 282ppi IPS LCD
    Intel i7 7700HQ 2.8GHz
    Windows 10 64Bit
    NVidia GeForce GTX 1050
    1TB SDD
    32Gb Ram

LightWave 2020

Very nice Laptop

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post

So if is free and it fixes ANY bug what would be reason of NOT upgrading to that version ?
    Not always... I came across a show stopper bug in 11.6.3 that hard crashed the software when you tried to render. Submitted a bug report and was told that it was fixed in the next version, which just happened to be LW2015. A paid upgrade. Now of course I upgraded when 2015 came out, but that didn't help me under deadline crunch at that moment. At least I knew that the bug was fixed though!
    Curtis Rhoads

Desktop: Win10 x64 | Ryzen 7 3.7GHz | 32GB RAM | GeForce GTX970/GeForce GTX1660
    Laptop: Win10 x64 | i7 2.3GHz | 8GB RAM | GeForce GT650M

what bug was this ?

running 11.62 over here...

I have seen various posts, over the years, saying "I'm going to pass on this upgrade because X wasn't fixed", even for patches, let alone version upgrages. Plus, there is the "situation" of people still on (sometimes very) older versions. If an older version of LW does everything you need and want, great, but what, if anything would entice them to upgrade?

Modeler !

>untouched (basically) for 15 years.

ok, exaggerating, but hell... i mean...

But I'm speaking for current 2020 version owners and BUG fix/Patch for that.

LW11 or LW2015 user that haven't upgraded to LW 2020 is NOT because of some minor patch/bug fix (remember X.1 is feature patch but X.0.1 is just small bug fix/patch - no features in those).
    LW2020 has way more features than 2015 so i doubt that some patch/hotfix for one or two bugs would be main reason to stay out of upgrades for 5-7 years.
    RAM-Studio
    WS - Dual Xeon E5-2698v4/128GB/Win10x64/4xRTX 2080Ti
    My LWM Video Car Modeling Tutorial

But I'm speaking for current 2020 version owners and BUG fix/Patch for that.

LW11 or LW2015 user that haven't upgraded to LW 2020 is NOT because of some minor patch/bug fix (remember X.1 is feature patch but X.0.1 is just small bug fix/patch - no features in those).
    LW2020 has way more features than 2015 so i doubt that some patch/hotfix for one or two bugs would be main reason to stay out of upgrades for 5-7 years.
    Aye, there's the rub.

If sales are down to a trickle because VizRT isn't supporting/developing Lightwave, and VizRT isn't supporting/developing Lightwave because sales are down to a trickle, who blinks first?

Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post
    what bug was this ?

running 11.62 over here...
    I don't remember the specifics, but it was set up with particles moving from one mesh to another, then it changed color. You could start the render, but around the 12th or 13th frame, it would crash to the desktop. Tried it in whatever previous versions I still had installed and got the same reaction. Also tried rendering from LWSN and got it crashing there. Packaged up the scene and sent it to support. Deuce emailed me back and said there was a definite bug and that it was fixed in the next version.

I went looking for that email, but I couldn't find it.

I remember having to export models and import them into another program (probably Cinema4D) to finish the animation for the client.
    Curtis Rhoads

Desktop: Win10 x64 | Ryzen 7 3.7GHz | 32GB RAM | GeForce GTX970/GeForce GTX1660
    Laptop: Win10 x64 | i7 2.3GHz | 8GB RAM | GeForce GT650M

well....

Has anyone received a response to their bug reports lately? I mean a real answer where someone actually looked at the error you reported?

LW Watcher
    Quote Originally Posted by Meshbuilder View Post
    Has anyone received a response to their bug reports lately? I mean a real answer where someone actually looked at the error you reported?
    I asked a few days ago via a bug report about Mac Big Sur certification and M1 chip support. Nada.

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    I asked a few days ago via a bug report about Mac Big Sur certification and M1 chip support. Nada.
    Same here, about a bug with Select Color - pick from screen not working on Big Sur.

That they have chosen not to continue developing LightWave and not releasing a new version with new features is one thing.
    But as a company claiming that they will "continue to support LightWave 2020" when they no longer respond, manage and fix bugs is for me to openly lie to their paying customers.

If it is true that they are not even looking at bugs anymore, and will never fix any, they should withdraw their statement that they "continue to support" the product.

Page 74 of 84 FirstFirst ... 24647273747576 ... LastLast