Thread: How often should you 'service' your TriCaster?

Once more into the CPU!

How often should you 'service' your TriCaster?

OK, so odd question. How long should one wait before doing some tune ups on your TriCaster?

I'll use my edit lab PCs as an example: Every summer I have the PCs wiped and have fresh builds of Windows and Adobe installed. Every 3 months I'll hit them with compressed air. Every month I'll do an software update.

For my TriCasters I check for updates weekly, clean out old content once a month, but I figure that can be more done. Is there more? Is it possible to send them in for 'tune ups'?
    TC Mini SDI 5-1-190425
    -BlackMagic Studio Cam
    -SDI cables
    -Spark SDI
    -LiveText w/SB2
    -YouTube Stream
    _
    SKTV 205
    https://www.youtube.com/user/SKHSVideoProduction

Not that I am aware of. Blow the dust out, swap out the CMOS batteries every 5 years, throw some more RAM in there, maybe a new GPX card. That's about it. I put a new GPX card in our 8k to run AE3. Swapped out the CMOS battery and updated the RAM at the same time.

Is the CMOS soldered down or in a holder? And what type was it?

I've got lots and lots of SIMMs sitting around, what type is it that I can put in?

How was your experience swapping out the GFX card? I have a 1050ti and I'm probably going to put it in my 8000 but some people have said that older systems use a slightly different cable situation?

Thanks!

Fritz Golman
    Museum of Broadcast Communications

Quote Originally Posted by fgolman View Post
    Is the CMOS soldered down or in a holder? And what type was it?

I've got lots and lots of SIMMs sitting around, what type is it that I can put in?

How was your experience swapping out the GFX card? I have a 1050ti and I'm probably going to put it in my 8000 but some people have said that older systems use a slightly different cable situation?

Thanks!

Fritz Golman
    Museum of Broadcast Communications
    I used a DisplayPort to DVI-I adapter and a DVI-D to DVI-I adapter in mine. The port connected via the passive DVI-D to DVI-I adapter doesn't work with VGA monitors, but the one on the DP to DVI adapter does. Use a card with two DisplayPort outputs and two of these would be my suggestion.
    Last edited by joedemax; 09-02-2020 at 05:09 AM.
    Central Control - MIDI, OSC and StreamDeck control for TriCaster and 3Play - centralcontrol.io