Thread: Confirmation box on Streaming and Recording

Confirmation box on Streaming and Recording

Hi there

I am new to Tricaster and have got the Advanced Edition 3 on my 410 setup. I can't find a menu, where I can enable a confirmation box, that will ask "Are you sure you want to stop streaming?" or "Are you sure you want to stop recording?"

I think this is an important function.

In the UI, there isn't one. However from the control surface, you need to hold down two buttons rather than just a single punch, to terminate.

That is a good suggestion, however, as it's a little too easy to stop.

Fritz Golman
    Museum of Broadcast Communications

This kind of 'confirmation of operation' can go on without end. Should it ask if you are sure you want to change a MIX output, load a new M/E configuration or change an audio mixer setting? This just isn't how professional equipment operates. It gets 'out of the way' so that you can get to work quickly.

From the control surface or keyboard you need a multiple key press to stop recording. Admittedly a click will stop it, but I've not experienced this to be an issue. You typically setup recording and streaming, then click on the button to start and don't need to interact with that control again until the end of the show.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Hi Kane, yes, I understand your point. We can easily get too many confirmation boxes. However - I still think that such important functions that can totally stop a stream or a recording would be a good thing to protect with "an extra layer". :-) The function shall of course start immediately when clicking stream/record - but only stop when being confirmed.

I really like the Tricaster interface and think that I will be happy with my three Newtek PTZ-1 and a Skarhoj controller on my 410 with adv. ed. 3. and Mini Control Surface.

John Pedersen
    Last edited by jopdk; 08-29-2020 at 02:59 AM.