Thread: Problem with NDI and Dante on same computer

Problem with NDI and Dante on same computer

I have a Panasonic AV-HLC100, which looks like a white-label “Micro” Tricaster. That I would like to have Dante Virtual Soundcard or Audinate AVIO-USB adapter to receive the audio from our mixer.

Our problem is with our projection computerI(Windows 10) creates a popping/click sound the Dante network when we start NDI Scan Converter. I’m using NDI 4.5.3.0. This computer has a second network card, the primary interface is used for internet and NDI traffic, the second interface is used for Dante traffic only with Dante Virtual Sound Card. Without Scan Converter running, the audio is just fine.

I’ve tried to add host based firewall rules in McAfee Endpoint Security to deny connection either way to the Panasonic video mixer on the Dante Network. With a lower rule to allow all hosts on the Dante network to make connections.

I’ve also turned off Spanning Tree Protocol in my Unifi Switches. Mulitcast is turned on.

Does anyone have a way of getting NDI and Dante to play nice together? I’ve done some searching and others have proposed to have an option in NDI for which interfaces that it’s allowed to talk to. I think with the complexity of networks today, this would be an essential feature.

I'm not using Dante, but have the same popping/clicks running any 4.5 version of Scan Converter on our Zoom servers to 460 Inputs. Works fine running NDI 4.1.6.
    Rob Safran
    Share Wisdom Network
    [email protected]

TriCaster: 460 AE
    TalkShow: VS4000
    Gnural Net CM & LTA
    VSE and LiveText
    Cameras: 2-Sony PMW-X70, Sony PXW-Z150

Quote Originally Posted by rlsafran View Post
    I'm not using Dante, but have the same popping/clicks running any 4.5 version of Scan Converter on our Zoom servers to 460 Inputs. Works fine running NDI 4.1.6.
    Thanks, I'll see about downgrading my NDI Tools and see if that works

-Zach

Here's a Google Drive link to the NDI version 4.1.6 that I'm using: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HbT...ew?usp=sharing
    Rob Safran
    Share Wisdom Network
    [email protected]

TriCaster: 460 AE
    TalkShow: VS4000
    Gnural Net CM & LTA
    VSE and LiveText
    Cameras: 2-Sony PMW-X70, Sony PXW-Z150

Quote Originally Posted by rlsafran View Post
    Here's a Google Drive link to the NDI version 4.1.6 that I'm using: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HbT...ew?usp=sharing
    Thanks for sharing !! So far clicks are gone. I had 3.8, 4.42, & 4.53. But nothing in-between, so this was a big help.

-Zach