Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NDI for MS Teams Released!

Registered User Red Dog Records's Avatar

NDI for MS Teams Released!

Good news - You can now use NDI with teams.
    Bad News - If you thought the SKYPE watermark was big...Now they have the words "Microsoft Teams" on each video feed.

We are still messing around with it, but it looks promising - IF we can get rid of the built in endorsement.

I am hoping the admin level of bandwidth control will apply to all participants.
    More testing this week...

Andrew
    Tricaster 460AE3 + Mini 4K
    Flypack: Router, switch, backup encoders, captioning devices, audio mixer, UPS, etc
    Cameras: Sony Z280, Z150, PTZ1, Multiple Spark & Bird Dog converters
    reddogrecords.com

Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog Records View Post
    Good news - You can now use NDI with teams.
    Bad News - If you thought the SKYPE watermark was big...Now they have the words "Microsoft Teams" on each video feed.

We are still messing around with it, but it looks promising - IF we can get rid of the built in endorsement.

I am hoping the admin level of bandwidth control will apply to all participants.
    More testing this week...

Andrew
    I'm dying to unlock this functionality. Question: did you or your Teams admin have to do anything other than toggle in on in the Permissions, as described here?

I had to turn it on as an admin first, then individual users had to turn it on in settings. I have not gotten all of the features to work yet. I got a feed from a remote participant, but my local machine (host of the meeting) did not want to send my local camera, it just sent the animated TEAMS logo.
    Still testing though.

Still very unhappy with the size of the watermark.
    Flypack: Router, switch, backup encoders, captioning devices, audio mixer, UPS, etc
    reddogrecords.com

I had to turn it on as an admin first, then individual users had to turn it on in settings. I have not gotten all of the features to work yet. I got a feed from a remote participant, but my local machine (host of the meeting) did not want to send my local camera, it just sent the animated TEAMS logo.
    Still testing though.

Hi friend. do you have a screen of the administrator configuration were ndi need to be On? i work for a university so I assume that IT department needs to turn on NDI, on my screen as normal user dont see anything

Tricaster is the best thing that i've used since I played with my atari
    Gear Used:
    Tricaster: All 3Play:440
    Cam: JVC GY-HM600, GY-HM150U
    Facebook
    Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by alonso View Post
    Hi friend. do you have a screen of the administrator configuration were ndi need to be On? i work for a university so I assume that IT department needs to turn on NDI, on my screen as normal user dont see anything
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...ocal%20network

- - - Updated - - -

Still testing though.

I have seen other users in the Microsoft users forum report the same dissatisfaction. Hopefully they correct that in a hot fix. Do you have a screenshot that you can share that shows this?

Mark,

That screen shot is what the individual users need to adjust in their settings.
    I will try to get the Admin view and show you a sample of the watermark sometime over the weekend.

Andrew
    reddogrecords.com

On the Admin page (at least for Office 365), go to Teams to open the Teams admin page.
    On the left side click Meetings, then select Meeting Policies.
    Then click on "Global (Org-wide default)"
    Under the Audio & Video group, you will find "Allow NDI Streaming"

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MS Teams NDI option.png 
Views:	112 
Size:	182.3 KB 
ID:	148577

Hope that helps!

Andrew
    Last edited by Red Dog Records; 08-29-2020 at 06:28 PM.
    reddogrecords.com

Hi,
    Has anyone worked out if the streams that Teams sends out are NDI HX or full NDI? I guess they must be HX to get so many streams out of one Nic. I am trying to work out if its possible to route the teams NDI to a bird-dog reciever (I am guessing no).
    Still trying to persuade our Teams admin to turn on NDI. . . . .
    Cheers for any help

Teams outputs high bandwidth NDI.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Hi everyone, it looks like NDI for Teams on Mac OS X is finally getting rolled out. My company's IT team turned it on globally on Friday, and the option to turn it on popped up in my Permissions folder sometime between last night and today. I successfully tested it with another Mac user, as well.

Dazey77,
    Hi. I work for a state and am trying to communicate my needs to them. Your note has made a question for me.
    Your teams admin: someone at your network-level needs to flip a switch for this to happen in an MS admin panel, of some sort, for this to work? That thought may help me.
    What else does the MS Office team need to turn on for NDI useage? Where might I find this info?
    Thanks.
    Robert
    Robert Wilson
    i-7-4770k @3.5ghz, Titan, GTX 1660 Ti, et al

Quote Originally Posted by UnCommonGrafx View Post
    Dazey77,
    Hi. I work for a state and am trying to communicate my needs to them. Your note has made a question for me.
    Your teams admin: someone at your network-level needs to flip a switch for this to happen in an MS admin panel, of some sort, for this to work? That thought may help me.
    What else does the MS Office team need to turn on for NDI useage? Where might I find this info?
    Thanks.
    Robert
    Hi Robert, your Teams admin will need to activate the NDI option globally (Microsoft has official documentation on how and where to do this), and then each user must activate it locally in their own client. It's under Settings/Permissions/. They will need to close and then reopen Teams once the global switch has been flipped.

No surprisingly, it's enabled by IT admin here. I haven't played with it much, but it seems to be a well thought out implementation. The reason I'm commenting, though, is just to mention that I had a little trouble initially getting it enabled in my local Teams client. Enabling the switch in permissions seemed to 'take', but no NDI streams were propagated. After a restart, there was a message i nthe permissions pane stating that NDI wasn't enabled, or words to that effect.

Eventually, I discovered that I needed to update Teams again. This wasn't obvious, and selecting "Check for Updates" in the Teams application didn't actually seem to do anything at all. A while later, though, a banner popped up to tell me that I had the latest version. Again, I didn't know whether this meant I already had it and update hadn't done anything, or that Teams had updated itself in the background. Regardless, after this I was able to enable the NDI option, and it worked - so I guess the latter?

So - the upshot is, it's pretty cool as far as I can see, except the bits that weren't as described above.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

I'm not sure if this has made the "main-stream" news, but it appears the MS Teams logo has been removed...fingers crossed it stays that way!
    John Erbicella
    Experienced in TriCaster, OBS, and various streaming solutions
    Web: http://www.jperbicella.com
    Twitter: @JPErbicella
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/jperbicella

Yes, Microsoft has removed it. Teams updates via rolling update, not everyone might see it at once, it should update eventually.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast