Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NDI with Unreal 4.25 Times out after exactly 1 minute in "Standalone Game" mode

Quote Originally Posted by bernhardH View Post
    Hi David,

I've tried out the beta you attached above but still running into the same issues in 4.25 and the latest preview of 4.26. It works fine in editor viewport but not in standalone mode. It also fails to package the project which is a blank one with just the ndi components in there.

Can you think of any workaround which is doable in blueprints?

cheers,
    bernie
    Hi Bernie,

you mean you still have the NDI input stream freezing issue with the latest build in this discussion thread?

Liebe Grüße,
    David
    David Forstenlechner
    Software Developer, Video Team, NewTek
    https://www.newtek.com

The newest release with 4.26 and DX12/RayTracing pipeline support is now officially released!

Download it at:
    https://www.ndi.tv/sdk/
    David Forstenlechner
    Software Developer, Video Team, NewTek
    https://www.newtek.com

Hey everyone,

I got it working in standalone and packaged but only using the example project included with the sdk. I copied all the assets and blueprints to a new project where I only had to set up the game mode and player controller and throw the material on a plane in my level.

However with the workflow presented in the included documentation it just wouldn't work other than in the editor viewport.

Hey everyone,

I got it working in standalone and packaged but only using the example project included with the sdk. I copied all the assets and blueprints to a new project where I only had to set up the game mode and player controller and throw the material on a plane in my level.

However with the workflow presented in the included documentation it just wouldn't work other than in the editor viewport.

Bernhard, Have you copied the plugin to the actual projects plugin folder? Or just the editor? I thought perhaps you copied it to the editor, but the project might still be using an old version local to the project.

Finally got to do a test for this today, using the official release version in 4.25, and so far so good. I have managed to package the project, and have spammed my manual garbage collection button like crazy and the NDI input (only one source tested so far) has been stable. Many thanks David!

Quote Originally Posted by Burmester View Post
    Bernhard, Have you copied the plugin to the actual projects plugin folder? Or just the editor? I thought perhaps you copied it to the editor, but the project might still be using an old version local to the project.
    I've deleted the plugin from the editor plugin folder and just copied the new sdk's plugin to the project itself. So there should be no old ones lingering around.

I copied all the assets and blueprints to a new project
    My best suggestion would be to start from scratch with the NDI plugin, rather than trying to copy everything over from the example. Just copy over the plugin folder only and then follow the instructions to set up everything else using the NDI send and receive actors.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12